The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

I've been cured from Ricer!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnoopySLR

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 14, 2002
Highland, Michigan
I've been into DSM's for a while now. I guess I was kinda going through a "ricer" stage. Well, I decided to make some serious changes. I took my wing off, my graphic, and my sound system. I still need to weight everything, but I'm guessing I shaved about 140 lbs out of my car. Then I started on my engine. So far I've removed my AC and all parts assosiated with it. Then I relocated my battery. Right now I blocked off my EGR, got a Modern Performance 60mm TB and my intake manifold is at the machine shop getting polished and ported as big as it can go. I'm still debating on wether or not to get a fuel rail and injectors right now. Got a lot of plans right now, but it looks like I'll have a full rebuild and a turbo within 2 years. Just want to say thanks to everyone on this site. I've learned a lot from all of you guys. Thanks!

Congrats! :thumb: That's just means one less pic that I have to take with my camera phone and send to all my friends in a sarcastic, joking manner, haha. I'm glad you have been cured!!

:thumb: i still have my system though, ill take it out once i slap turbo in, or when/if i go to the track.

I did the exact same thing, luckily i had a gsx for my first car but i didnt realize what i had at the time, i immediatly began ricing it out with the underglow, altezzas the whole deal, but then i got smart and took that shit off and started workin on performance, ive got a huge ass system but ive got the mods to walk people with the subs beatin, go turbo tho, u wont regret it, check out my gallery, im only 16 by the way, how old are u?

SnoopySLR said:
I've been into DSM's for a while now. I guess I was kinda going through a "ricer" stage. Well, I decided to make some serious changes. I took my wing off, my graphic, and my sound system. I still need to weight everything, but I'm guessing I shaved about 140 lbs out of my car. Then I started on my engine. So far I've removed my AC and all parts assosiated with it. Then I relocated my battery. Right now I blocked off my EGR, got a Modern Performance 60mm TB and my intake manifold is at the machine shop getting polished and ported as big as it can go. I'm still debating on wether or not to get a fuel rail and injectors right now. Got a lot of plans right now, but it looks like I'll have a full rebuild and a turbo within 2 years. Just want to say thanks to everyone on this site. I've learned a lot from all of you guys. Thanks!

Welcome to the Dark Side.

Wow, I wish I had a GSX when I was 16........ I'm 21 now. I didn't get my car until I was almost 19. As for turbo, there is no doubt. I'm deffinatly turboing. I'm not trying to make the fasted DSM on the road, I just want to run under a 13. That way I can smoke all the Mid-life Crisis Tools in their Corvette's that think their so hard :). We got a lot of those here

Good to hear you have been de-riced. I used to be a ricer when I first got into cars years ago (way before F&F mind you). Then I realized one day performance is way more exciting and rewarding than just 'looking cool" - and have been interested in nothing but making power since then.

Good luck with your N/T!

ouch. that had to hurt LOL.

start looking into HRC turbo kits. that'll get you into the 14's or so. BTW, you're car looks absolutely sick now. red/black is :thumb: fortunately for me, i have black/red LOL

SnoopySLR said:
Wow, I wish I had a GSX when I was 16........ I'm 21 now. I didn't get my car until I was almost 19. As for turbo, there is no doubt. I'm deffinatly turboing. I'm not trying to make the fasted DSM on the road, I just want to run under a 13. That way I can smoke all the Mid-life Crisis Tools in their Corvette's that think their so hard :). We got a lot of those here

Why do people hate on Corvettes? :p

c5chris said:
Why do people hate on Corvettes? :p

I dunno, put a modded DSM up against a modded 'vette and it (DSM) is going to get shredded.

wow, try to do something with what you got, and of course the ass holes always come out. Yes, thank you very much slappster. And in my opinion, a fast car doesn't make you not a ricer. I bet your one of those people who drive around revving at everything they see, thinking they are awesome cause they have a BOV. Here's some advice, drop your left shoulder down about 5 inches when your driving, turn your ####y music down, and learn how to show some respect to people that don't have a car thats queit as fast as yours.

SnoopySLR said:
wow, try to do something with what you got, and of course the ass holes always come out. Yes, thank you very much slappster. And in my opinion, a fast car doesn't make you not a ricer. I bet your one of those people who drive around revving at everything they see, thinking they are awesome cause they have a BOV. Here's some advice, drop your left shoulder down about 5 inches when your driving, turn your ####y music down, and learn how to show some respect to people that don't have a car thats queit as fast as yours.

Lol, take it easy guy, he's just giving you a hard time.

A lot of that goes on here, regardless of what you drive! :cool:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back