The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Its time I start posting...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RFfanatic1

Probationary Member
Aug 26, 2012
Bozeman, Montana
Hello everyone. Ive been a member here for a while and have found this site to be more than helpful. I have no problems finding answers I have needed so far up to this point as I dont mind searching for my answers rather than start a new thread that has been beaten to death. I bought a 92 tsi awd a few years ago and became addicted. I did a lot of the simple work to this car including turbo upgrade new head ect. Nothing too crazy. Then I got a 95 talon turbo fwd. I live in Montana so never again will I buy another fwd. I recently sold both of these and bought my new one. A 1990 Talon tsi. It has a lot of work already put into it and I cant wait to learn everything about it. I know quite a bit since I read on this forum almost everyday but I feel that with a car like this one I am going to be having some questions soon! So I thought I'd introduce myself today! I have had my new talon for four whole days now! I'll post pics as soon as the roads dry out up here and I can clean her up. Here is a list of the mods on it that I know of for sure ( I keep finding more and more)

6 bolt 4G63T engine
MAF translator
3" gm maf
Holset hx35 turbo
Dsmlink w/ launch control
Short route FMIC (I dont think its big enough...)
Water misters infront of FMIC but i dont know where the switch is...
2nd gen gsx brakes
Walbro 255 lph w/ rewire
880cc injectors i think?
Sx fuel pressure regulator
Pro thane mounts
K sport coil overs
K sport camber plates
Strut tower braces front and rear
External waste gate 15lb spring w/ external dump
Methanol injection
Shep racing street tranny double synchro
Evo3 gasket matched exhaust manifold
3" mandrel turbo back exhaust
Arp head studs
Cometic 4 layer metal head gasket
Wiseco .020 pistons
Eagle h beam rods
Balance shaft eliminator
Hks 272 cams
1mm oversized intake/exhaust valves
Gasket matched ported exhaust side
13.5 lb. wheels from 3rd gen. Mazda RX7 twin turbo
Steel braided brake lines, oil supply line, and fuel line
ACT 2600 clutch
Fidanza flywheel
4 bolt LSD
Oil catch can
Trunk plastics have been removed

Right now as I bought it is set for 15psi of boost and no Meth. He said he had it set this way for daily reliability. I dont want to mess with it till I learn about DSMlink and tune this thing up as a couple of the aftermarket gauges are not working and it came from Cali so I know the AF is not set right for my altitude.

Thanks in advance!!

Do I need to have pics to get a welcome? It just snowed two inches this morning and the roads are starting to melt so she is wicked dirty. Can't wait to clean her up and show you guys!

So my wideband gauge jumps all over the place. Guy I got it from said it was off. Could it just be the sensor or do I need a whole new gauge? What should it be reading? I'm new to having aftermarket gauges in my dsms. Thanks!

if an hx35 is the same as a gt35 then id say 15psi is a little low no? i know its not the same car, engine, turbo, everything pretty much but my buddy has an 07 sti with a gt35 and he runs about 26psi
either way.. sounds like youve picked up a nice car there.. cant wait to see the pictures

Thanks for the reply! Neither of my old dsms had aftermarket gauges or ecu work. I have no clue where to start with the DSMlink. I know where the cable to hook to my computer is! haha I have started doing some reading on it on here and ECUlink website but have not gotten far. As for the 15psi. thats what the previous owner said he had it set at for daily driving? It has an after market autometer boost gauge that doesnt even move I'm thinking its not hooked up. Stock gauge works though. What is this turbo capable of running with this set up safely? I dont want to mess with it until I get the gauges working and figure out DSMlink. Oh the wideband gauge is a AEM

I cant wait to post pictures but it keeps snowing here! I would way rather post pics of a nice pearl white and black car than a brownish white car with streaks all over it and custom placed mud behind the wheel wells!

i wouldnt really mess with it until you figure the car out more. dont take my word and run out and raise it but id say you can run up to about 20-25psi safely

Ya I want to figure the car out more before anything. And get the aftermarket boost gauge working so I know what I'm boosting for sure. 20-25psi would be alright with this set up and driven as a daily driver?

ehh as a daily driver i wouldnt have it that high.. was just specifying you could PROBABLY run it safely up to that psi. as to what to run as a DD, im not really to sure. maybe 15 to 20 range. anyone else have a thought on that?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back