The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G It's time for coilovers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YERFDOG

Proven Member
Feb 10, 2013
Bay Area, California
Hey everyone!

I would like some input on this setup for my GSX:
https://groundcontrolstore.com/coll...n-ground-control-koni-complete-suspension-kit

The car is only street driven (with occasional backroad cruising) so I'm looking for a "comfortable/tolerable" ride. Is this a good setup for that? I only plan to drop the car max 1.5", IF that. How about the price range? Are FEAL's worth the extra $300 or so? Overkill for my driving? Thanks!

Yeah those top mounts are not spherical so they will bind and cause spring issues when turning,

I second the feals, i myself use BC and they are good and they actually cost less then the GC units you listed,

Hey everyone!

I would like some input on this setup for my GSX:
https://groundcontrolstore.com/coll...n-ground-control-koni-complete-suspension-kit

The car is only street driven (with occasional backroad cruising) so I'm looking for a "comfortable/tolerable" ride. Is this a good setup for that? I only plan to drop the car max 1.5", IF that. How about the price range? Are FEAL's worth the extra $300 or so? Overkill for my driving? Thanks!

Please keep in mind that Koni shocks are NOT rebuildable, meaning when they are blown they need to be thrown away and another set purchased. Also, looking at the price point of $1200, it will only be another $150 for a 441 kit which is rebuildable in house in CA with replacement parts readily available. Couple that with the spherical bearing top mounts and Swift springs, I believe this kit is one of the best on the market at this price point.

The main issue on 2g coilovers is the upper front mount. Very few coilover kits available for the 2g have a proper spherical mount, and without that, it's going to result in binding. The GC kit for the 1g is great, but the 1g front suspension is different than the 2g. Feal is one of the only kits that have a proper upper front mount.

How much does it typically cost to rebuild Feal shocks? My last quote to rebuild a rear Tein shock was $290, or... I could buy a new damper for $310... I asked them to ship it back and converted to Konis.

We charge $100 per corner to rebuild our road kits, and $125 per corner to rebuild the 451/460 rally kits.

Thank you to everyone who responded! Definitely gonna go with the FEALS now.

Yeah those top mounts are not spherical so they will bind and cause spring issues when turning,

I second the feals, i myself use BC and they are good and they actually cost less then the GC units you listed,
When you order the coil overs from Feal, the checkout says " chassis not compatible with radial bearing"s so I am confused! The 2g's do not use MacPherson struts. So I ordered with out the bearings

When you order the coil overs from Feal, the checkout says " chassis not compatible with radial bearing"s so I am confused! The 2g's do not use MacPherson struts. So I ordered with out the bearings

The radial bearing goes in between the spring and collar on a MacPherson strut suspension. It's pointless on a wishbone setup because the shock doesn't turn with the wheels. The top mount on FEAL's is a spherical bearing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back