The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

its only a recall

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbeaton9292

Proven Member
Aug 29, 2013
Sterling heights, Michigan
Well today had a great experiance i let me girlfriend drive my dsm for her 1st time because this one is an auto and she cant drive stick well she had a blast she was racing around like crazy and suddenly bam! Lower arm balljoint blew out on us on the freeway at 85mph dont know why she was going that fast but anyway here is a pic if not 1 thing its another

Totaly ruined the rim tire and lower arm and obviously the balljoint awsome

Attachments

• IMAG0088.jpg
    IMAG0088.jpg
    885.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMAG0089.jpg
    IMAG0089.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 135
You are both very lucky to be uninjured. It could have been way worse

Definitely put the ball joint on the "check" list while changing oil. Pop it up in the air and inspect both front lowers every time you do any maintenance.

Man I'm not into complaining and stuff but come on these are heavy ass cars and there's only 1 bolt holding the front wheels in place. I've seen so many ball joint failures that I could say its pretty commun what crankwalk, lower control arms are the problem in 2g it almost happen to me when I first got my DSM too.
Isn't there a solution for this!? Crankwalk can't get you killed maybe pissed of but this! This is dangerous and at 85mph damn you are lucky!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back