The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

It's been a while since I've come around here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vhp777

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 13, 2002
Kenosha_WI
Long time, no see for some of you. Most of you I've never seen, though.

Just figured I'd drop by and see if there's anything new or exciting on the site now. And, I suppose, to share that I fried the ECU in my car and I'm looking at $1,250 for a new one.

Dude, search the DSM and the parts trader. You can get a used ECU for $200 or less. Make sure if your car is a 90 than you get one from a 90. The later model year ECU's will start your car, but it won't run.

Regards,

Originally posted by NosLaser
Dude, search the DSM and the parts trader. You can get a used ECU for $200 or less. Make sure if your car is a 90 than you get one from a 90. The later model year ECU's will start your car, but it won't run.

Regards,

If you switch wires 6 and 14 on the ecu harness is will. :)

ebay.com is your friend for that new ECU ;)

I thought about checking DSMTrader and eBay but I kind of need the part soon. None of the salvage yards around here have what I need, but I suppose waiting a bit for shipping is better than paying six times as much. Thanks.

I have a 90 eprom ecu i would be willing to sell. It was taken from a 90 gsx let me know.

If you don't buy Skunked tsi's ecu then wait for one from the trader. Think of it this way... you can spend 1250 and have your car running now or wait and have an extra grand. With that extra grand you can rent a car.... for a while.

Originally posted by NosLaser

Regards,
Question on this, I just bought a 90 gst and pulled the motor to find it was a 91 or early 92 engine but the intake and cruise all looks to be from a 90. It will be going into a 91 talon. My question is will my 91 ecu work on this motor since most of the sensors and all are from the 90 or should i swap ecu's?

how many sensors are we talkin here? that really sucks..i do have the 91 sensors somewhere, i just gotta find them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back