The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Street Build ITFLYS - 1Gina2G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rear subframe is no longer attached.
BFDDC7F9-AF26-4572-88CD-81A3BC137781.jpeg

Glad you finally found another set of door caps. Sorry again that mine didnt survive the travel 😢
No worries - Who knew these things were so brittle! I still need to decide which ways I will strengthen them.

^^ x2

You looking for CAPS or ASA??

Without having to download software, there are these PDFs for the 2G Talon that'll get you a lot of part numbers, just not the Eclipse specific things.
I'm like - oh a PDF, interesting. Lets just open that up to see and OMFG - Yes! That will do nicely.

Meanwhile, A TDO5H GVR4 Big16G to tear down, and Woah! Me think this turbo might’ve ate honey comb cereal!
View attachment 673806
Thats not gonna buff out.
View attachment 673804
Odly, this compressor wheel is, dare I say .. ok?
View attachment 673805

The turbine shaft and compressor wheel look salvageable.

View attachment 673807
Mamba delivered!
8CD4FA64-94D7-4099-AB24-8A9252CA1140.jpeg

E3-02 is a match for the 7cm TD05H turbine housing. 2G-02 will be leaving the setup, and Down-pipe mods will be needed.

Last edited:
Fuuuuuu
Now I'm in part sourcing hell - trying to decide if new stock parts can be found, reconstructed, or if aftermarket will be less expensive.
The first big bunch of parts have been ordered for Phase 3:
Not on the list are some items I already had on hand

Front Subframe:
Front lower control arms (left)
Front lower control arms (right)
Compression (curved) control arms (pair)
Front lower control arm hardware (4 arms)
Upper control arm hardware (2 arms)
Outer Tierod Ends (2)
Inner Tierod (2)
Steering Rack Boots (2)

Rear Subframe:
Rear toe arms Rh replace MR162574 with Volk tubular
Rear toe arms Lh replace MR162573 with Volk tubular
Rear Eccentric bolts
Powder coat - Rear lower control arm Rh/Lh - MR131754
Powder coat - Rear trailing arm Rh/Lh - MB914381

Driveshaft:
Carrier bearing f/r - need 2
Carrier bearing mounting bushings
U-Joint spider kit - MB154554 - need 3
OEM Lobro Joint boot kit - MIT-MB505119

Diff - Axels - Hub:
Axel boots (8)

Last edited:
Little time today to lift the head:
D7CAEF14-68A3-4C41-B8B6-1DD0D5BAFB4A.jpeg 59FEEB4B-BE5A-4845-A7BB-FBBA395AC9CD.jpeg
25F31629-4376-4F63-B2F7-AEC193A07009.jpeg 20BC411E-192E-4351-9E6C-28B9C636B239.jpeg
Some pictures you can smell - some of you know what I mean. This engine has been sitting 10+ years after I removed it. At the time it was using coolant. When you break the bolts loose, there is an unmistakable bouquet of toasted oil.
1300EAE0-F33E-4E0D-9F89-61D688F5D510.jpeg

Fiber Head gasket:
5DAEEC38-4AC6-45E2-8EB9-B612288689AC.jpeg

This will clean up well:
E82561B4-169E-4C3B-9EC1-E32DD641C11D.jpeg

Short block:
A702F773-D37C-4E35-A11C-E8033A86B242.jpeg

Ordered a GoPro Hero 4 silver used from e-bay to save some bank
Bastard 20G components are on their way back from Justin :hellyeah:
Motor mounts drop shipped to John...

Trying to figure out if I should delete the ABS system, or locate after market sensors cheaper than $250 each. Opinions about ABS in the Eclipse?? - It worked good for the snow, - not sure about the track. Maybe if it was working well I would not be so annoyed by it....

Thoughts? - Aaaaaaand - go!

Ordered a GoPro Hero 4 silver used from e-bay to save some bank
Bastard 20G components are on their way back from Justin :hellyeah:
Motor mounts drop shipped to John...

Trying to figure out if I should delete the ABS system, or locate after market sensors cheaper than $250 each. Opinions about ABS in the Eclipse?? - It worked good for the snow, - not sure about the track. Maybe if it was working well I would not be so annoyed by it....

Thoughts? - Aaaaaaand - go!

I thought the DSM ABS system only even worked on the front wheels. Maybe that’s just the 1Gs. Eh, either way it’s 20 year tech and it’s not gonna function amazing. Just don’t slam on the brakes in the snow. Lol.

I would never in my life choose no ABS. It can absolutely save your life, or at least your car, in even what you might think are mild weather conditions. I find the OEM Nippon Denso system on my 99 gsx invaluable for saving my tires from flat spotting in dry conditions. Could it be better? Sure, next step would be an $8k BMW MK60 ABS system, but that's pretty pricey (I haven't even done it... yet).

I would never in my life choose no ABS. It can absolutely save your life, or at least your car, in even what you might think are mild weather conditions. I find the OEM Nippon Denso system on my 99 gsx invaluable for saving my tires from flat spotting in dry conditions. Could it be better? Sure, next step would be an $8k BMW MK60 ABS system, but that's pretty pricey (I haven't even done it... yet).
I tend to agree, but Its a silly thing to have wheel speed sensors $250 each. This car is now a garage queen. I have more efficient rides to work, so its a weekend/track day toy now I suppose.

Last time on track, trail breaking was not intuitive. The chassis would body roll in the opposite direction I was expecting - Turning left, it would rotate right (lean left) under heavy breaking, and vise versa. I dunno - does this sound familiar? I'm going to have to learn everything again anyway after the OHLINS and chassis rebuild are completed.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back