The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Street Build ITFLYS - 1Gina2G

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
I’m looking for rubber weather stripping for the edge of the cowl cover. Anyone got a source for this?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Dericsh

Supporting Member
Nov 25, 2002
Pearl River, Louisiana
It’s coming along nicely!

I searched for a little bit and wasnt happy with any of the results, but so far this is the best one. I just don’t really like how much taller it is, but if factory is NLA, guess we gotta figure something else out.

Rubber Seal | U Height: 29/64", Flange Height: 21/32", Grip Range: 3/64" - 5/32", (10 Feet)

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
It’s coming along nicely!

I searched for a little bit and wasnt happy with any of the results, but so far this is the best one. I just don’t really like how much taller it is, but if factory is NLA, guess we gotta figure something else out.

Rubber Seal | U Height: 29/64", Flange Height: 21/32", Grip Range: 3/64" - 5/32", (10 Feet)
Thank you!
I did find this - and will try it:

Last edited:

Dericsh

Supporting Member
Nov 25, 2002
Pearl River, Louisiana
Some of the reviews said the sticky tape was not good quality on that one. Not sure how tough it would be to remove and replace with 3M tape before install.

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
Some of the reviews said the sticky tape was not good quality on that one. Not sure how tough it would be to remove and replace with 3M tape before install.
We shall see. I will prep edge with an alcohol wipe to clean any oils and dust before application. At the moment I'm waiting on a couple more supplies so I can paint the plastic SEM Trim Black with a satin clear to protect it.

nismojones

Proven Member
Jan 10, 2008
Eastpointe, Michigan
Was it sad to see all the decals go? Seems like there was a bit of heritage behind this car

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
Good weather for this:

1hr later - 2nd coat. Now I wait 24 hrs for more.

Last edited:

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
Damn! it was going so well, then yesterday applying the first clear coat, the can spit up two blobs that etched holes into the color coat.

So, today we back up, wet sand and wash the damage, then try again starting with color coat 1 again.

Color repair 1

Color repair 2

Color repair 3 - final

Last edited:

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
Clear coat 1-2

I learned the hard way, never hold the can over your part. Drips of any kind will make a mess. If you do get a drip, STOP. Walk away, and in 24hrs address what you see. A little wet sand and re-application on that spot should work out. If you TOUCH the wet surface, it gets worse.

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
My car as advertised

Those wheels only looked this good in the picture. This shot was probably why I never wanted to run with a front plate.

Last edited:

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
before - after

Ready to install

The trim rubber is a great fit. I scuffed the plastic on the underside face where the adhesive touches, and used an alcohol wipe to prep. So far so good. The adhesion seems fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds