1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Issues with OEM JNZ Tuning

Posted by Twinturbo120, Mar 2, 2019

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Twinturbo120

Twinturbo120 Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 14, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    Hey guys,

I always try and support the community best I could.
    I always use JNZ Tuning to order OEM parts.
    It seems the oem portion of the website isn't working for me.
    Is it just me?

Street Build 197  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. dustyboner

dustyboner DSM Wiseman

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
  3. jinscho

jinscho Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2017
    Bangor, Pennsylvania
    Ever since the new site was launched the OEM section seems a bit light..

I usually just email them with any questions I have at sales@jnztuning.com

Or you could try to pm Josh on here @DSSA .. though email is typically faster.

Street Build 2K  12

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    Twinturbo120 likes this.
  4. Twinturbo120

Twinturbo120 Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 14, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    That's not it.

They had a dedicated section of the website with full diagrams for oem parts.

Maybe they took it out completely.

And thanks jinscho.

Street Build 197  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. dalesmitsu

dalesmitsu Proven Member

Joined Jul 23, 2006
    North Canton, Ohio
    jnztuning oem section would be on the rightside on their site or in make model year part look in drop down menu.

Street Build 521  4

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
  6. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    I haven't been able to find it the last couple times I've been on there....

Street Build 3K  10

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  7. Flying Eagle

Flying Eagle Probationary Member

Joined Oct 28, 2005
    Ottawa,
    This was posted by Josh at Galantvr4.org, as the site was coming back online. It should help answer why and what has occurred as things got back into full swing.
    For reference, this was posted Dec. 12/2018

"Thanks, all! We're still frantically working out some issues and updates, but we've been lucky to finally find a great web company to work with, which has helped immensely. There's still a lot of data and settings that need to be played with.

As for the OEM link, it won't be there any longer, and I apologize for that. We'll be adding more and more OEM parts to this site, and if you need something that isn't listed, please email us and we'll send you an estimate through email.

The old OEM parts site was a mess (on our end). While we PAYED for OEM data, the pricing file was from WAY back in 2015. Mitsubishi has had about 15 large pricing updates since then. They actually took a sample of data I sent them (which is why I know the pricing is from 2015) as they wanted to "see the format". This turned into them using the data to populate the site--which was wrong.

We ended up losing tons of money due to this. A prime example was Evo X MAFs. Mitsubishi increased pricing from where they could be sold at around $150 to cost being over $300. We actually sold two (in a short time) before we entered the bills from Mitsubishi and noticed it. After that, it was constant assurances that it would be "corrected soon". That was last March....

They also refused to remove parts that we indicated were discontinued from the site, even through they had a report feature for us to report them. I have *NO* idea how other dealers using them aren't dropping them like a ton of bricks, but I've confirmed that the data is the same throughout their customer base.

We looked into the other option out there, but they want $700-$800 a month for that option, and while their pricing data is seemingly correct, we found errors pretty quickly there as well. For example, all of those sites were listing MD326059 (timing belts from 1989 production up through the 2005 Evos) as "discontinued", while they certainly aren't.

We're working on a similar, in-house addition to the site with DSM/GVR4/EVO parts by diagram, but it'll take time to create and populate it. Unfortunately, we can't continue to give these companies thousands of dollars to give such horrible data and relying on them to keep it up to date with regards to availability and pricing.

The process is going to cost us thousands more to implement, but at least we can look at it as an investment and have control over it.

In the meanwhile, if something isn't on the site, just shoot us an email. We can either try to get it up on the site for you, or do an estimate for you on the back end of our accounting software. Please email us though.

Thanks again!

Josh"

Vegas smith likes this.