The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Issues with Carbonetics - Being Ignored

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunernewb92

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 10, 2008
North Canton, Ohio
Mods - not sure where to post this one as I'm just asking for advice. Feel free to move

I have seen a large demand/requests from the Spyder community to have a lightbar available for purchase. One of the cleanest Spyder's on here, Omar has been trying to buy one for a while but to my knowledge unable. I've seen the struggle and luckily for me, I have a light bar that I pulled out of a junkyard. Sergio from Carbonetics posted in a thread on Facebook that if somebody would send him one, he would mold it and make it. I've bought parts from Sergio ($2800 worth) before from a previous iteration of my build. I've watched him push out custom parts for multiple platforms on Instagram for months. I've seen he is involved heavily with building bodies for Baja. I figured I could send my part to him and trust I'll get it back eventually. I talked with some of the bigger builders who deal with him and they all have his parts and seem to trust him and said they felt comfortable sending him parts to mold.

So I sent my lightbar off to him in March with the promise it would be done in 10 weeks. 12 weeks go by and I haven't heard from him. So I ask, hey what up what's the status? He says he had some issues with the workers and his business partner and is bringing new people in to train and it set him back. I asked if I would have my bar back before the end of the year and he said yes absolutely give him two more months and it will be done. Well now here we are, on the eve of going to the Shootout and I still don't have my original light bar. I've tried to get him to respond for over a week and he won't respond to me any longer (although he hasn't blocked me). I requested my part back. I even offered to send him a return label paid for by me.

I'm not exactly sure what to do here. Should I start putting my story out on social media? I'm really just frustrated. I just want my parts back, it took me years to source that bar for my build.

He has notoriously crappy customer service, the everyone just deals with it or just doesn’t buy from him and the “big names” get bumped to the front of the line. He did a set of doors for my buddy 5 years ago, took over a year to get them and the passenger side door was completely unusable, piss poor quality and fitment, Sergio promised to send another and make it right. 5 years later and do you think a replacement ever showed? Nope, stopped acknowledging it after 2-3 years. I don’t care how nice some of his work is or who all he has made parts for, I’d never send him a dime.

to be clear I'm not waiting for a part. I sent him a part to be molded because I wanted to progress our community and ensure the spyder community could buy a highly desired part. I thought since I'm not actually waiting on a part, this process would be faster.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back