The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ISO Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin21

Probationary Member
Feb 4, 2021
Boomer, North_Carolina
I’m newer to the DSM scene. I have a 95 GSX. It has 75k original miles. It’s a one owner car. It set for 10 years, I got it running and it spun the thrust bearings as normal LOL. Should I spend my time on fixing the crank walk or should I go 6 bolt?

There is likely no fixing it. Those I've seen usually have destroyed the crank and sometimes the block. Depends on how much it is chewed up. I would search for a new motor. 6 bolt is preferred.

6 bolts are out there everywhere for sale i see them all them time, hell i have a spare block, but look in other places youll find one.

6 bolts are out there everywhere for sale i see them all them time, hell i have a spare block, but look in other places youll find one.

They are getting rare, as is the case with everything DSM. They were only offered for 2 years of DSMs and the handful of GVR4's that were imported.

7 bolts are fine if you build them right.

can I use my head and everything on newer block?
yes

you can use your head on a 6 bolt too, but the holes for the head bolts need to be enlarged.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back