The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

is this Turbo oil feed tap correct?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

javi-tsi

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 20, 2005
kaiserslautern, germany, Europe
is this Turbo oil feed tap in the correct place?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

the stock oil feed is on the left side of the head if thats for an oil presure guage it should beok

acbigshow said:
the stock oil feed is on the left side of the head if thats for an oil presure guage it should beok

SI I can't pull from there at all for the turbo oil feed? Which of those plugs should I use as an alternative to the head plug?

If you ever put a aftermarket oil pressure gauge you can put the from the turbo to the one on the side and run your gauge hose to where you got your oil feed line now. hope this helps:thumb:

the oil feed off of the top of the head is unfiltered oil...that is why many people who run expensive aftermarket turbos run it off the oil filter housing because it is filtered oil and it wont run dirty, unfiltered oil through the turbo. if you do this route, you might have to restrict the oil pressure going into the turbo because you could actually overpressure the cartridge with oil and it will start to leak and burn in the exhaust or go into the compressor housing and make a huge mess....believe me been there done that on a homemade dune buggy.

:thumb: Thanks all! Great answers! I will leave it there and hope it turns out well. :talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back