The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

is this safe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knuts

Probationary Member
Aug 15, 2002
Bismarck_ND
ok i have a VCE (viscous coupling eliminator) and i broke a rear axel, i have yet to find an axel...or a 4 bolt system altogether.......for the time bein , can i disconnect the driveshaft, and drive it in FWD mode...since i hae the vce?? or will it end up hurting something else?

i dont think it would drive straight with a broken rear axle

Well, you could disconect it, but the axle could eventually come loose and cause some damage (remeber that it is right next to the gas tank).

But as a practical matter, that should not leave you stranded. One year we drove 700 miles from Shootout in Ohio to Mass on a brocken axle and regular VC!

If you need a 3 bolt axle, I have one from non-LSD rear end for $50. LSD driver side (the one that people usually brake) axle is different from non-LSD and from PS LSD axles.

Leon
RR

Drop the t-case, secure the driveshaft, remove the rear axles and plug the rear diff - and you can drive like that with the VCE forever... ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back