The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

is this high flow cat worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chron5555

Probationary Member
Feb 12, 2009
erie, Pennsylvania
If your worried at all about the Smell of your exhaust, Then get it. If not then save the cash for something else.

If your worried at all about the Smell of your exhaust, Then get it. If not then save the cash for something else.

:hmm: I guess I'll get it hooked up without the cat and see how bad it smells and after a few weeks if I dont like it then I'll just buy this one off ebay.

Hey man i know a few guys from erie and one of them is charles he a is a black truck driver who has a sweet 2g that runs like 11s but he got pulled over in erie by a state cop an the cop asked him if he had a cat an he said no an the cop looked under his car an seen one was not there a wrote him a ticket for it for like a 100 bucks. That right there would pay for a cat almost. Its illegal to not have one an i know erie is emmisions exempt but you still have to have a cat its state wide law.

I had a 240 and an sr20det swap done in which i ran a test pipe with my 3in exhaust. i got pulled over plenty of times, got a few tickets, but never one for the exhaust cat issue. i was aware of the citation, but imho its not something to worry about..

Bro, Honestly. If your having to think about it. Then you should just get it.. Most guys searching for every HP they can get rip them off.
But I find it to me more of a hassle then its worth, Especially with a high flow unit..

It costs me a $125 to get my truck inspected:shhh:. Not because of no cat, But every bit of emmisions ripped off and the fact that 90% of the time I run a holley carb, Instead of fuel injection.
I like the sound and don't mind the smell, Add in the few extra HP it gives my dinky 4.3. It becomes worth it for me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back