The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Is this guy's car considered rice or a good dsm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If the body kit was taken off would it be better? And are the brake, suspension, and engine mods alright? I know it definitely needs a turbo though.

Good mod list for a N/A. The bodykit is a little overboard butttt.. I could get over it.

It looks clean, but the bodykit is rice, it would look way better with stock side skirts.

Most hate anything not OEM in the DSM world...I can care less what people think about it..I do to my cars what i like..

I dont like the tail lights so much on it..But the rest is not too bad at all

I have 95 eclipse.... 4 different colors, no spoiler 420a gauges everywere.... sigh.... 600 bucks.

I think with that cars mods id drive it.
But i know it wouldn't be as fast as my 1g turbo.....

I like it. Honestly I hear way too much "that's rice" all over the place. If it's done tastefully and care and attention is put into it, it becomes a show car or at the very least, a car the driver wished it to be. I find the term overly used for anything that stands out. Call it what you will, but it's well done, I'd drive it (although I'd paint it another color).

Why would you even ask this to a performance forum? Sure, if you just want something that "looks" fast, go for it. If that's what you want, why bother with DSMtuners? Everyone here should be about performance, regardless of looks. Asking about a non turbo car with coilovers and body kit and tail lights seems ridiculous. In the end I guess it's all about personal preference, but I just can't get past the fact that someone would ask about the legitimacy of a slow car that looks all Fast and Furious but runs 17.0 or worse in the 1/4 mile. If you want a fast N/A car buy something with an LS1/LS2/LS3/LS7 in it, not a 420A. I'm REALLY not trying to be rude here, just don't understand asking, sorry.

Rice is easy to define. Any modification internally or externally that does not provide an actual performance benefit.

I'm sorry, I was just curious that's all. I didnt mean to offend anybody by asking.

I wouldn't consider it rice per say. I hate body kits as I think most DSMers do. The kit doesn't flow with the lines of the car and it just looks tacky. Not even photo trickery can fix that.

One cool thing:
Naaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwzzzzzz!!!!1!1!1!1!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back