The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Is this auto or standard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliver

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 25, 2008
me, Texas
His ad says he's selling the car because he needs a manual but looks like he already has one.

lmk

94 gsx

Attachments

• auto.jpg
    auto.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 290
That'd be a hell of a lot of work just to make it look like a manual. Shifter, clutch pedal, took out the power/economy switch, and smaller manual style brake pedal.

Looks like a scam, he probably used that picture because the interior of the car he is selling is garbage. Because that is obviously a manual. Suggestion go see it in person if you can.:dsm:

Maybe you guys with auto''s can check and see if the spot for the Overdrive on the cluster is present.

I have no idea what the seller owns; or even if he owns any car at all.

But that photo is of a manual transmission car.
There are three pedals and the shroud around the shift lever allows two axis of freedom.
The 1G and 2G auto DSMs shift lever just goes forward and back.

Maybe he is saying he needs a manual. Like CHILTONS or HAYNES.

:D

But yes, the coin slot is a DEAD give away. As to The pedal comment. I only see two, as well. The far left thing is the left foot rest, not the clutch. The steering wheel is hiding the gas pedal.

yes the steering wheel is hiding the gas pedal. The two pedals you see are the clutch and brake. This is obvious because the are the same size and sit at the same level where as the gas pedal is longer and sits closer to the floor. MANUAL.

That floor mat is too flimsy to be able to be wrinkled like that on its own. It has to be on top of something, like that gas pedal.

And probably about 98% of people with an auto don't use the parking brake.

Go look at it in person. He may have used a pic of someone else's car too.. I've seen people do that.

But if he's nearby, just look at it in person. If he's not, ask for a picture of the engine bay. You can also see a difference in the manual tranny and auto tranny under the hood.

it is definatly a manuel look at the 2 pedals shown they are the same on an auto the brake is wider on a standard the clutch and brake are the same look at your 5 speeds guys then look at a friends auto its not hard to see

that is a manual/stick/standard what ever you call it the dead pedal "resting pedal" is there and autos have a plastic caseing the gear selector and redline is 7000 not the 6500to 6800 think that autos redline at

The car in the pic is a manual. You can't see the gas pedal because it looks to be under the mat. Plus I do believe the would be P, N, D, 2, L on the dash if it were an auto. I had a 1G and I know that, that is a manual not a auto.

that is a manual/stick/standard what ever you call it the dead pedal "resting pedal" is there and autos have a plastic caseing the gear selector and redline is 7000 not the 6500to 6800 think that autos redline at

Now we are starting to get into the releam of misinforation.

The P,R,N,D,2,L. Everyone is talking about is on the shifter base NOT the gauge cluster. PLUS the redline is same because IT'S THE SAME FREAKING ENGINE! (duh).

Here is an example of a 1g Auto DSM, with the 2.0L engine. OP Compare the differences for yourself. The two users who cared to share/guess wrong information, THIS is how you properly share correct information.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The next "it's a manual" post will be met with severe hostility.

Well then everybody stop arguing and tell the man what he is looking at. I hate how the conflict on post just go on and on.

The guy trying to buy the car should get more pics and info from the current owner.

Yeah to me it looks like a 5 speed I see where a power/eco button may have been.But it looks like it maybe pushed in or he took it out I can't really see it cause the way the picture is.Id look more into this car truthfully.Get a v.i.n# cause If he did all that to an auto just to make it look like a 5 speed something is wrong with him ROFL In less somehow it was a 5 and he changed it to auto but somehow left the full set up of the 5 speed lines and everything in there.Idk your guess is as good as mine cause that would be even more stupid then making it look like a 5 speed:p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back