The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Is this a sound investment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red91GSX

20+ Year Contributor
May 31, 2002
bethel park, Pennsylvania
ok everyone out there in dsm land . . . i just totalled my baby - '91 gsx http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=8740&password=&sort=2&thecat=500
and have an opportunity to pick up a complete and running '91 gs with one bad cylinder for 600 bucks. my question is . . .

how hard is it to swap motors aside from having to install and i/c tank and the such?
how much different is the gs from the gsx besides the turbo and driveline?
has anyone done this and what all's involved?

any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
thanx

im pretty sure youll have to use the motor mounts off the gs....is it the 4g63 non turbo or is it the 1.8l...thatll make a huge difference, if you still have your tottalled car then it shouldnt be much of a pain....but you wont have an allwheel drive and thatll suck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back