The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

The Official "What's this DSM worth?" Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nope I wouldn't say thats a good deal, depending on what kinda truck you have I wouldn't honestly, around my area guys sell there gsx fully built motor and tranny for 9k at most, I'd keep looking around and see what else you can spend your money on.

Ha i just ordered a GReddy Type RS but it wont be recirc'd (420a remember:sneaky:) :thumb:

now now, lets not start the 420a/4g63 fight...haha

ive looked at your car, you had a thread a while back...i like it, maybe a little much for me but i give you :thumb: :thumb:

oh and good choice with removing the airplane wing

now now, lets not start the 420a/4g63 fight...haha

ive looked at your car, you had a thread a while back...i like it, maybe a little much for me but i give you :thumb: :thumb:

oh and good choice with removing the airplane wing

Haha thanks :D Yeah the first time i saw the car i was like the wing has gotta go! I might be returning it to a somewhat more stock look down the road though.......;)

def agree on the price tag was going to offer 8 or so or a striaght trade for it.. didn't care for the game cube or the wing....body kit is ok but if my choice would go with out.. i just bought my truck back in december so still owe on it was looking for something close to striaght trade
i also seen the non recirc. bov and frowned upon that. and dont really care that its auto.

thanks for the input guys! appreciate it

Hello,

I'm new to DSM Tuners I've been searching throughout these forums it's a very active community, Glad to finally get a thread in :sneaky:

Anyway I'm looking at a Eclipse GST - I know about the AWD model I'm just looking for something more reliable at the moment not looking to launch anyway, I found this super clean 1998 Eclipse GST with lower mileage the price tag is high but you get what you pay for, they clearly know what they were doing with this car check it out.
Turbo- Chrome alloy wheels- Leather seats- Power sun roof- Rear spoiler- AM/FM and CD player- Rear defogger- Power side mirrors- ABS Brakes- A/C- Power steering/power brakes- --EXTRAS All professionally installed-- GReddy Large 24V Front Mount Intercooler - A'PEXi N1 Exhaust 3 inch Stainless Steel - A'PEXi N1Down pipe 3 inch Stainless Steel - Injen Intake - Injen Engine Dress up - Apexi Blow off valve - Tokico 5 way adjustableStruts - Eibach Springs 1.5 inch drop - MOMO Shift knob SPHERE Aluminum & Silver - Piaa Ultra White Head & Fog lights _Always Garage kept !_ _Never driven in the winter months!_ _All maintenance records are available!_ PRICE: $9800 OR BEST OFFER!

There's 66K miles on it Girl owned too:)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

-Thanks a bunch

Mitsu's aren't the most reliable thing in the world. Especially the 2g eclipse that suffer from crankwalk.

Honestly if I were looking into reliability I would choose a honda....But it is a nice GST.

If you are serious about the car. Since the car is modified i would have a local shop check it for crankshaft end play (crankwalk) and do a compression test. As long as everything else is in order seems like a fair deal.

They said the car is very reliable never any problems, I'm just saying it's not heavily modded it only has the basic bolt ones to help it breath they aren't cheap ebay mods either (at least I don't think?). Everything was checked and kept up on and they have all available maintenance records, so it should run fine as a daily driver I'd say.
Every car is going to run into a problem down the road I just don't see anything major going wrong unless I wreck it :nono:

oh, you edited your post - Yes she said I can talk to the person who does all of the cars maintenance work, I'll try to get a hold of him, It's just tough the car isn't local.

The way I would do it is low ball the hell out of the price. Lets say 5500. Then go from there. Looks like a clean are. I can't tell if the BOV rec. or not. But I'm also tired as hell and need to go to bed. But if that car is "for you" buy it.

I'm pretty sure this is the same car someone else posted about the other day. I would run a carfax on it, I believe their were 4-5 reported accidents with it.

Really, I talked to the owner about possible wrecks, they said the owners before back had some, but everything was replaced obviously they said they've owned it for 6 years no problems. Only reason they're selling it because the daughter now is driving a Saleen Mustang is what the mom told me :confused:

The way I would do it is low ball the hell out of the price. Lets say 5500. Then go from there. Looks like a clean are. I can't tell if the BOV rec. or not. But I'm also tired as hell and need to go to bed. But if that car is "for you" buy it.
I think you need to go to bed, there's no way they're going to take 5500 for that clean of a GST with 66 k, it's worth what they're asking I'm trying to get them to 9k even.

Well talking and looking over the car are 2 different things. What were the wrecks? Were they minor/major? I would take it and have a body shop look it over for any possible problems. The owner is trying to sell the car remember, and they don't want it to look bad to you the potential buyer. It's maybe worth $6-$7k in my opinion.

I mean just look at this car...
eBay Motors: 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX AWD TURBO LOADED 63K (item 330234520441 end time May-14-08 07:26:24 PDT)
It would have carfax reported wreck, but still a clean/clear title because insurance didn't claim it due to being liability only. Now if someone fixes it, everything would look good if it's done right, however I would not want to own that car.

Also doesn't this belong in the hangout thread, What's this DSM worth?

I sent you a pm

they were all minor wrecks only reason selling is because the daughter has a Saleen Mustang now when the daughter owned the car the car fax was clean, 6 years no problems. I'm not trying to see what the DSM is worth, I'm seeing if the car looks nice and what you guys think about it.

and does that BOV recirculatie?

Thanks for the replies does anyone know if the BOV recirculates?

The owner of the car really doesn't want to go under 9K, I think the car is worth that much. We will see.

and it blew up on you?! for 5 grand? That's nuts.. do you have AIM or email? how long did it last, the car must have been pushing a lot more mods then the GST I'm looking at this one is pretty much stock.

so that BOV is in the right spot right?

I'm not sure where it's suppose to be.

So that's not a full exhaust right, just a down pipe and then the 3inch exhaust tip?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back