The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Is this a good buy or not??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Masteer E 25

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2004
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
my friend is gonna sell me a 94 eagle talon TSI AWD turbo auto, with 104,000 on it for about $2,500.00..She just got it exp, put a rebuild trians in it...but the only probe it has. it the car will just shut off when sh comes 2 a red light or something like that...and i dont wanna buy it if its gonna be a big prob....

Just take it to a mechanic, and have them perform a general check on the car. Better yet, have your friend do it so that it is fixed before he sells it. They may be able to diagnose the problem that you are having with it. It may cost you a bit of money, but it is always a good idea.

I wouldn't think that the problem that you are describing sounds too serious.

I would probably pick it up for that price and those miles. How hard has the car been driven?

Adam

the car is in grate cond...i mean she wanted 2 sell it for like $3,000.00 but i was like..i'll take it 4 $2,500...

u need to find out whts killing it though.. is it auto and man. and does it wait tell it completely stops..buy the least this could be an every day power problem.. being anything from a coil to the alt. or even a dead wire...see if u can take it to a red light.. and if its auto.. keep a foot on break.. and give jst a little gas.. dnt need to be power breaking.. makes me miss my supra...

I would probably take it to a mechanic then and see what they have to say. It sounds like a good deal to me though!

Adam

it's a auto....but she think's it only does it 2 her..bc she was like i told my friend 2 hold the car for a week and after he drove it, he was like ur car is fine LOL.....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back