The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

is this a 1g?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drfinest1809

Probationary Member
Jan 30, 2010
kssimmee, Florida
i need to no what you guys think cause i cant come to a clear cut answer is this a 1g head hope the pictures help...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc67/vrdubssat/Picture005-6.jpg

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Very bad guess, but it kinda looks like a 2g head. Definately needs better pics of the ports.

its a 1g it has a 1g thermostat housing you can tell because a 2g thermostat housing connects to the water pipe and the 1 gwater pipe goes stright to the lower radiator hose

Thermostat is definitely a 1G, the CAS is 1G and the block is a 2G. The head looks like a 1G from what I can tell but intake port pics would help.

actually they aret interchangable one is a 3 bolt pattern and the other is 4 bolt pattern unless i remember wrong... but thats why you have to go with a 6 bolt t-stat housing when doing a 6 bolt swap or a 1g head swap

and throw some rep points my way... if you dont mind LOL

the t-stat housings are not interchangeable as blackgst said, also if the outside studs were the exhaust manifold are all the same size then its a good chance its a 6-bolt head

actually they aret interchangable one is a 3 bolt pattern and the other is 4 bolt pattern unless i remember wrong... but thats why you have to go with a 6 bolt t-stat housing when doing a 6 bolt swap or a 1g head swap

and throw some rep points my way... if you dont mind LOL

This is right. They are NOT interchangable. My bad.

A 1g t-stat will go on a 2g head, but not the other way around. I have a 2g head on my six bolt right now, with a 1g t stat housing. But that is a 1g head, as it doesn't have the extra bolt hole for the 2g housing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back