The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Is this 1G Talon TSI worth the dough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMTyson

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 9, 2010
Lake Charles, Louisiana
I've been watching this car for a while his original price was $5000 :rolleyes: . He reposted the car for $4000 and well the car looks clean, i mean its got a few scratches and whatnot but appearently the interior is immaculate, so he says.. anyways heres the list of everything done to the car. My question is, what would be a realistic price for this car? I was thinking in the $3500 area?

4000 OBO or Trade for Motorcycle. At least a 600 but has to be in decent shape.

I currently own a 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD. I have recently rebuilt the engine back to 0 miles and Im looking to see what offers I might get. The car will be running by this Friday October 1st. 6 Bolt block for reliability (Damn Crankwalk) with a 7 bolt head for more velocity due to the better design over the 6 bolt head. No LOWBALLERS please I know the value of what I have and there is much more than 6,000 invested in parts and labor.
A/C Works
Balance Shafts Eliminated
Cometic Gaskets ALL AROUND w/ Headgasket
ARP Head and Main Studs
Crushed 1g BOV
Apexi N1 Turboback 3" to 4.5" Outlet W/ 2 Resonators
Punishment Racing o2 Housing W/ External Dump
Evo III Big 16g
ETS FMIC W/ 2.5" Short Route Piping
Megan Racing Coilovers W/ 32 lvls of Dampening & Pillow Ball Upper Mounts For Camber Adjustment
Symborski Shifter Kit
Ralco RZ Short Shifter
BCU+ Boost Controller/Turbo Timer/ & Spray Bar Controller
Ingalls Rear Camber Kit

Extra Parts:
Stock Exhaust Cat Eliminated
Stock Suspension
Stock Side Mount
Stock Turbo needs rebuild and wastegate actuator
Extra 6 Bolt Head w/ under 150 miles

Heres the link: 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Modded The pictures he has are bad quality

I talk to the owner yesterday and he put the engine together himself(hes a graduate from UTI so i would expect him to know what hes doing) He started the engine up and found that 2 of the lifters had gone bad so hes in the process of replacing them this week. Also the car has idle surge from 1600rpm-2000rpm. He said its the ISC and that he will replace it be4 selling. im just hoping its not something much more complicated as i know idle surge can be caused by a number of things.

Anyways feedback would be helpful, im new to DSMs(never owned one) but i've always seen them around and i've done a lot of readin on them and i think its the perfect car for me.

OMFG, dammit :banghead:. Sorry to the Moderators, my dumbass failed to see the "Official "what's this (or my) DSM worth?" Post these questions here".

### dont get too pissed im just a newbie :ohdamn:

if it's in good shape 3k would be a good price. 3500 is pushing it but if it runs perfect and has no real issues it'd still be an OKAY deal.

I'm always wary of people advertising cars with 0 miles on a rebuild.
It's just stupid, why would you completely rebuild it and sell it without even driving it a bit to make sure the build is good unless you know you screwed something up.

Then also he doesn't list any of his fuel system or engine management.

I'd steer clear but its up to you.

if it's in good shape 3k would be a good price. 3500 is pushing it but if it runs perfect and has no real issues it'd still be an OKAY deal.

I'm always wary of people advertising cars with 0 miles on a rebuild.
It's just stupid, why would you completely rebuild it and sell it without even driving it a bit to make sure the build is good unless you know you screwed something up.

Then also he doesn't list any of his fuel system or engine management.

I'd steer clear but its up to you.

Even if he rebuilt it and did drive it, how much mileage could he have put on it since the point he rebuilt it XD

3,000s good for it 3250, don't do 3500 =/

LOL bro that shits been for sale for like 15 billion years and noones bought it. i wouldnt buy it. and its not even half an hour from me.

either way I'd steer clear.

Im worried about the no miles on it.
He could of at least driven it 1k..
I bought my talon with around 5k on the rebuild.. no crazy mods or anything just a rebuild, restoration so to speak, and a few bolt ons. Only big mods it had was the 20g / tial 38mm wastegate.. had an IC and some other bolt ons but meh.

I ended up selling my talon though for 4800, however it was in mint condition and was around 320whp when I got rid of it.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The idea this guy was even wanting originally 5k for his is outrageous..

I at least knew the guy when I bought my car for 4500, and I had all the receipts for it. I mainly bought it for how clean it was though.. when i got it, it wasn't making much more power than stock. Maybe about 40whp more

Without actually seeing this car it's impossible to tell, but I'd wonder why he's selling the car after all this work.
$3,000 is too much anyway. You can get a AWD 1G around the Denver area for $2,000 or less. With similar to no mods whatsoever.
And everyone always wants their money back for aftermarket parts and their "labor". It just doesn't work that way though.

I'd pass this one up. Sure, there's a chance everything was done correctly and he didn't cut corners, but are you willing to make that gamble? If you aren't familiar with these now aging cars, it would be unwise to start with a car like this.

Don't be discouraged. There are many more DSMs out there :thumb:

1badpurple check ## PM's

and from what ya'll have told me i think i'll steer clear of it. Thanks for the info, i think im gonna like this forum :hellyeah:.

Thats way to much..

Its rare to find much rust on cars out here in CO. We dont use salt on the roads. Fly out to denver, Get a DSM and drive it back to FL! LOL

haha flying to denver is a little out of my price range. and plus i really like 1badPurple's talon. it seems like a very solid platform to build on that wont give me any serious issues.

yea i agree with the other guys around 3k seems reasonable wih no miles on it he cant be sure its all good

i strongly agree but if you look you can find a VERY good deal on a 1g. i have a 93 with 12XX orig. yes i do mean 1200+ miles. long story short im the 3rd owner. i paid 1500 for it with a blown motor. the orig. owners let it sit in there garage for YEARS!!!!! The timing belt snapped when the 2nd owner bought it. he was a lazzy pile and did nothing so i bought it. and yes i did do a car fax and get the mileage checked. i put in a new rear end (had it laying around) put a fresh 6bolt with 2g pistons, manlet valve springs and reltainers with crower 280 cams, no name FMIC and alot more. this is a huge budgest build for me and honeslty its not hard at all to find a clean 1g. i know of one with 36XXX one owner. just look in the right place and my best suggestion is buy one BONE stock. LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back