The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Is this 16g blown video

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The thrust bearing is definitely bad. it has at least 4-5mm on side to side play and the compressor wheel definitely touched the housing
...then he better pass on the $150 refund offer and file a Paypal claim to return the turbo. Sounds like this thing's a bigger headache than it's worth.

This thing has more problems then i thought, I was told to put some oil in it and see if the in and out reduces, it didnt at all now theres oil comming out of the rear of the turbo sand the ehaust guess that means this thing is to far gone?

Since you bought it used from an unknown source, you're foolish to run it as-is without rebuilding it first. Doesn't matter the mileage- 500 or 50,000; the same amount of internal damage can be done if you run a turbo that was ever improperly-oiled or fed contaminated oil from a failing engine.

would have only ran it as is if i was 100% confident that there was no shaft play and everything appeared working no leaks or anything, i might be new but I do my research as much as I can, this guy had me convinced that it was in working condition that it was solid i payed a solid price i think he new all along it was bad thats why i havent gone through on the refund yet

Last edited by a moderator:
This thing has more problems then i thought, I was told to put some oil in it and see if the in and out reduces, it didnt at all now theres oil comming out of the rear of the turbo sand the ehaust guess that means this thing is to far gone?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

would have only ran it as is if i was 100% confident that there was no shaft play and everything appeared working no leaks or anything, i might be new but I do my research as much as I can, this guy had me convinced that it was in working condition that it was solid i payed a solid price i think he new all along it was bad thats why i havent gone through on the refund yet
Definitely send it back for a full refund.

Yea, that sounds like a rip. Diffently get your full refund. Sounds like he lied through his teeth on the posting. Passed it off as a perfect unit, then when you recieved it tried to pass it off as a good rebuildable unit. Then now it's kinda turned into toast.

I'd stop engaging the seller and let paypal/ebay go over the dispute. They favor the buyer most of time.

They should bro I had the same issue a few years ago. Guy told me turbo was freshly rebuilt and had no play or cracks in turbine housing, but was completely bull. I actually had my credit card company reverse payment and once PayPal saw that they issued a full refund and I didn't even have to return the turbo. ;)

They should bro I had the same issue a few years ago. Guy told me turbo was freshly rebuilt and had no play or cracks in turbine housing, but was completely bull. I actually had my credit card company reverse payment and once PayPal saw that they issued a full refund and I didn't even have to return the turbo. ;)

nice tthe seller told me today one of us are going to be very unhappy, paypal told me not to shut the case and to have him go through paypal to refund the money i dont even want the turbo anymore too much drama, I do need one asap though my dd is blowing white smoke bad and there was minute amounts of metal sitting in the turbo has to be the fin is shredding its self idk how im going to get by without a car

In the one and only dispute I had with an ebay purchase, Ebay did the dispute. Paypal never dealt with it. Just transfered money.

In the one and only dispute I had with an ebay purchase, Ebay did the dispute. Paypal never dealt with it. Just transfered money.

He finally admitted he new that it had shaft play but thought it was normal because youtube videos said it was alright,

Anyways great news they closed the case now i have to ship it anyone have any idea how long it takes to get the refund I need it asap

I think as soon as you show prove you have shipped it back they will issue the refund. Also if you wanna save on shipping cost back get a medium or large USPS priority box. I've shipped a few turbos this way for like $15 and no issues at all. And you can get delivery confirmation to use as the tracking number.

Buddy I know your tryin to stay on a budget but please dont take a chance and blow your turbo on your engine beacuse your gonna through metal shards into the oil and into the engine mabye you can get a rebuild kit, or have somone rebuild it for you good luck.

Buddy I know your tryin to stay on a budget but please dont take a chance and blow your turbo on your engine beacuse your gonna through metal shards into the oil and into the engine mabye you can get a rebuild kit, or have somone rebuild it for you good luck.

Did you actually read the whole thread or just the first post?

now i need to clean out my inter cooler and disassemble the turbo tommorow im about to have a new pencil holder, my ADVICE to the newbies Do not buy used ebay shit unless your 100% confident i learned the hard way, now im another week behind schedule cause some idiot lied and sold me a dud, look for the people on here that have these things rebuilt in almost prestine condition the only way to go, ebay suckz

now i need to clean out my inter cooler and disassemble the turbo tommorow im about to have a new pencil holder, my ADVICE to the newbies Do not buy used ebay shit unless your 100% confident i learned the hard way, now im another week behind schedule cause some idiot lied and sold me a dud, look for the people on here that have these things rebuilt in almost prestine condition the only way to go, ebay suckz

It has nothing to do with ebay, ebay isn't a company that sells stuff, it is just an auction website where people sell their stuff. You can get ripped off anywhere.

It has nothing to do with ebay, ebay isn't a company that sells stuff, it is just an auction website where people sell their stuff. You can get ripped off anywhere.

tru but theres alot of of scammers on there people selling fake turbos and car parts all in all its not that reliable id rather find someone on here that knows what there doing

:toobad: ...Id be pissed.....try buying a turbo on tuners next time around. You'll have much better luck in this community AND you'll get genuine parts. :thumb:

I tried for about a week and couldnt find anything now im just waiting on the funds to get back in my account so i can slap in a turbo and go guess maybe i chose the wrong car for DD

Na your good bro! I dd my eclipse for about 15 years and raced it all the time and finally after 240,000 it let go. Its a great car to dd if you stay up on the maintenance and get parts worth putting on the car. Pm Justin he already said he would help you out, and if you want a turbo to last he's the guy to get it from. Just make sure to follow his instructions on proper install and oiling and you'll be good to go bro.

Na your good bro! I dd my eclipse for about 15 years and raced it all the time and finally after 240,000 it let go. Its a great car to dd if you stay up on the maintenance and get parts worth putting on the car. Pm Justin he already said he would help you out, and if you want a turbo to last he's the guy to get it from. Just make sure to follow his instructions on proper install and oiling and you'll be good to go bro.

gotta get this money im going to be borowing cars all week my car is blowing constant smoke noticed it yesterday its eating oil too hope its just the turbo? the turbine moves around like a bobble head its crazy

Ya it happens but I would seriously park it and not push it anymore. If it hasnt fully let go yet you should be able to swap turbo's and change the oil. One week of borrowing a car isn't so bad. If that turbo finally lets go and takes your motor with it, you will be borrowing for much longer than a week. Take the down time to freshen things up abit and prep for the new turbo install.

Ya it happens but I would seriously park it and not push it anymore. If it hasnt fully let go yet you should be able to swap turbo's and change the oil. One week of borrowing a car isn't so bad. If that turbo finally lets go and takes your motor with it, you will be borrowing for much longer than a week. Take the down time to freshen things up abit and prep for the new turbo install.

Any quick tips at what i should look for when inspecting and tiddying this thing up getting it ready for a 16g

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back