The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved is this 02 housing legit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNAKE_15

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2012
Bakersfield, California
I ordered the punishment racing atmospheric vented 02 from
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
a private seller, but it looks different from the punishment racing website pic. Mine has two welding spots and the PR has one welding spot..?? It's the one that costs 199$. He ordered from extreme psi and he said it's new too..??

Last edited:
It looks to be the same, what probably happened is when they were bending the round stock for the o2 dump pipe, they usually make all the bends like on one 10ft pipe so it looks like one curvy long pipe kinda like this (~) but real longer and what they had left after they cut off they sections to make the dump pipe was one short one so they just welded on a short section. Or some one f'ed up on the bends or the cut or the round stock was shorter.
I would check those flanges for straightness because they look like they took some heat from the welding

It looks to be the same, what probably happened is when they were bending the round stock for the o2 dump pipe, they usually make all the bends like on one 10ft pipe so it looks like one curvy long pipe kinda like this (~) but real longer and what they had left after they cut off they sections to make the dump pipe was one short one so they just welded on a short section. Or some one f'ed up on the bends or the cut or the round stock was shorter.
I would check those flanges for straightness because they look like they took some heat from the welding
If flanges come out good, is the housing legit and new? How will I know if it's even from punishment racing?

We'll it looks legit, other then the hack job they did on the o2 dump. Punishment racing does not stamp/plate any of there housings with there name on it so you will never know if its real, but like I said it looks like a pr o2 housing. If the flanges are warped or straight doesn't make it real or fake just check it out.

We'll it looks legit, other then the hack job they did on the o2 dump. Punishment racing does not stamp/plate any of there housings with there name on it so you will never know if its real, but like I said it looks like a pr o2 housing.
They offer lifetime warranty so how will they know and can I send this one in to them if something from the housing comes out bad?

Nope your sol on a warranty claim because you didn't buy it from a vender or punishment racing, you would need a receipt of purchase. Do you have one? I never bought anything new from PR, I picked up a very slightly used PR 02 rec tial housing for dirt cheap, so I don't know if it came with a warranty card.

Last edited:
Nope your sol on a warranty claim because u didn't buy it from a vender or punishment racing, you would need a receipt of purchase. Do you have one? I never bought anything new from PR, I picked up a very slightly used PR 02 rec tial housing for dirt cheap, so I don't know if it came with a warranty card.
No, not a big deal and I don't see why he would lie to me. I paid 100$ for it. At first he was charging 170$

What is the black stuff on the downpipe flange? Looks like carbon to me, i wouldn't be surprised if that thing was bolted on and used for a bit. It looks like it has had some heat in it also.

It's a hundred dollar O2 housing...does it really matter in the end? Just run it!

When i got my recirc o2 housing from PR it was not exactly the same as in there pics so you cant always go by there pictures im afraid

Update: I just received my 02 housing but need help identifying if legit and true punishment racing housing. I measured the inner diameter and it came out to 2.5
?

Haha thats PR's alright. You can tell by there gringing on the welded areas as there not the neatest of griders compared to others haha what threw me off first of all was they welded the outside of the dump pipe! Normally and even mine there not welded and only on the inside of the pipe to help with better flow. Definatly seems legit to me though[DOUBLEPOST=1412887926][/DOUBLEPOST]Even the way the flange to the DP sits with a gap to the pipe is exactly the same size as they cut there pipes.

Haha thats PR's alright. You can tell by there gringing on the welded areas as there not the neatest of griders compared to others haha what threw me off first of all was they welded the outside of the dump pipe! Normally and even mine there not welded and only on the inside of the pipe to help with better flow. Definatly seems legit to me though[DOUBLEPOST=1412887926][/DOUBLEPOST]Even the way the flange to the DP sits with a gap to the pipe is exactly the same size as they cut there pipes.
That's relieving to hear. Good deal then for 100$ ?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back