The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

is these an restrictor justin or dsmer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danieltovar

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 3, 2011
palo akto, California
Justin i had these bolt on the turbo and wanted To know if is an restrictor

Attachments

• CAM00140.jpg
    CAM00140.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 202
I don't even understand the title of this thread.

Justin is an turbo guy, and dsmers that are knowledge, and experience, to find out if that could be an restrictor bolt, cause I had an turbo blown for starving from oil.
Well I put an .75 restrictor on the turbo, for having my balance shaft delete.
So I saw my bolt that goes to the turbo on the fed side that notice how small was the hole, and that could be the reason that my turbo died with only 876miles new basically.:confused:

Well I just got my new turbo tdo5 hybrid, so I was just wanted to know if it will be an good idea to run my turbo with that bolt on the pic?
I will not use my restrictor any more cause I cheack the bonjo bolt holes on both sides and is the same holes as the restrictor, that makes the bolt an restrictor, what cause my turbo to fail by having the restrictor at the ofh and the bonjo bolt on the turbo.
Would it be better to make the hole on the bolt bigger or just use it like that?

It doesn't matter where you feed the turbo from, as far as you know what's the oil pressure, you will be OK if it doesn't exceed 80 or 90 psi.

It all depends on the turbo oil return line and crankcase pressure.

Having a good set up (turbo oil return line), and no crank pressure, It can be OK with 100 psi, BUT having crankcase pressure and/or a bad oil return line, It can leak through the turbo seals.

Every car is different, so the best advice to give here is, Check the PSI and see how much pressure you are running at Idle and Wot, once you know that, then you can go ahead and decide if you need the restrictor or not.

It doesn't matter where you feed the turbo from, as far as you know what's the oil pressure, you will be OK if it doesn't exceed 80 or 90 psi.
....roughly double the max pressure a MHI turbo wants to see at the inlet.

It all depends on the turbo oil return line and crankcase pressure.

Having a good set up (turbo oil return line), and no crank pressure, It can be OK with 100 psi, BUT having crankcase pressure and/or a bad oil return line, It can leak through the turbo seals.

Every car is different, so the best advice to give here is, Check the PSI and see how much pressure you are running at Idle and Wot, once you know that, then you can go ahead and decide if you need the restrictor or not.

I Have a restrictor on mine. Its not good to run a mhi without one. If you have less than 50psi at 7k I'd venture to say there is an issue.

....roughly double the max pressure a MHI turbo wants to see at the inlet.

This is true.

Well i will check my oil presure, then i will dicide where to run it from. The bonjo bolt is going to get drille to make it bigger hole. I still have the restrictor just in case i need it. The turbo die when it had from oil starvation, getting fed from the ofh with .75 restrictor on it and that bonjo bolt with small holes.

Well i will check my oil presure, then i will dicide where to run it from. The bonjo bolt is going to get drille to make it bigger hole. I still have the restrictor just in case i need it. The turbo die when it had from oil starvation, getting fed from the ofh with .75 restrictor on it and that bonjo bolt with small holes.

You should use the restrictor with a regular banjo bolt. I wouldn't have used that banjo bolt without a restrictor.

Well I just got my new turbo tdo5 hybrid, so I was just wanted to know if it will be an good idea to run my turbo with that bolt on the pic?
I will not use my restrictor any more cause I cheack the bonjo bolt holes on both sides and is the same holes as the restrictor, that makes the bolt an restrictor, what cause my turbo to fail by having the restrictor at the ofh and the bonjo bolt on the turbo.
Would it be better to make the hole on the bolt bigger or just use it like that?

What kind of tdo5 "hybrid" are we talking about here?

Is this a genuine MHI turbo or is this some china-bay knockoff variant?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back