The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

420A Is there any Super Strong Timing Belts For the 420a?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ECLIPSE95

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2002
Missoula, Montana
Well I decided to fix my 420a up and get her running again but I dont want to put anouther crappy timing belt in there again..is there any kevlar timing belts for the 420a? and if so whats the website? I had my last timing belt in for only 30k and it snapped :mad: so just wondering if there is a better one than OEM..thankz

Call up Sean at conceptillusions.com and talk to him, if there is a better belt than oem he can get it. P.S. call around 3 ish thats usualy when he is avaible.

what else could be wrong..I have a shop replace all the timing parts like the tensoner..so what could make it snap that easy? other than that I will let you guys know if there is a stronger timing belt...siueclipse what could be wrong here..i need some help this is the second time this happened

siueclipse said:
If you snapped a timing belt, something else is wrong. Ive been running basic autozone timing belts without any problems and my whp is much greater than yours.
Yeah, there probably is something else.

I have a Gatorback belt on mine. I've never had any problems with timing belts snapping. Maybe your putting too much tension on the belt before pulling the pin on the hydrolic tensioner.

I know for a fact that Greddy has one, but you will pay the greddy price..

I would inspect your cams, maybe you have a bearing thats crapped out.

Bleh, ive sold my eclipse and Im building up my firebird... guess i just forget sometimes. oh well its the thought that counts.

anywho do you have adjustable cam gears?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back