1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. eclipse420ags

eclipse420ags Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Martinez, Georgia
    Fairly new to the turbo scene but wonderin if my bov is a piece. I bought the whole turbo kit off this site used (hahn stage 2) and what it says on Hahn's site is that it comes with a 3000gt stock bov. I never had a bad idle but it idles between 1100 and 2000 depending on how it feels at the moment and my bov the big hole (lack of a better word /btw have the small nipple recirc) stays blowing out air all the time. Is this the reason for my bad idle?:hmm:

2. Ambrotos

Ambrotos Probationary Member

Joined Feb 12, 2012
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Do you have the actual main pressure release port recirculating back into the intake of the car? For the setups of our cars i know that if you don't have a MAFT and the appropriate GM MAF and your setup up for atmospheric blow off that will cause your idle problems. Just to clear it up you have the vac source of the BOV hooked up to the intercooler piping?

3. gusu

gusu Proven Member

Joined Sep 9, 2009
    Keizer, Oregon
    I have a feeling PICs will help this thread a lot.

Could you take some of your engine bay?

4. bryanwheat

bryanwheat DSM Wiseman

Joined Aug 16, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri
    His car is a 420a from what i gather which is speed density. IT doesn't require the bov to be recirculated.

When you say that you have the small nipple recirculated, what do you mean. Where do you have the hose from the bov going to?

5. eclipse420ags

eclipse420ags Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Martinez, Georgia