The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Is it really this easy to get 300hp??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The tech info is pretty accurate. 16G with supporting mods is fairly easy to get 300whp.

The price info isn't really accurate though since 16G's are $1000 on their own.

300WHP off a 16G is very easy, a good tune on pump should get you closer to 350.

Its that easy man. Those upgrades and good air fuel ratios will make 300whp.

1K? Brand new yes.

But I would definitely look into a used E316G. I sold mine after a fresh rebuild for just under $400 shipped. O2 housing and all.

But yes OP, it really is that easy. We have a guy locally running an Evo8 with E316G and his estimated HP output on pump gas was 400whp with 400wtq. Granted it took ALOT of tuning(that he does himself) and plenty of other modifications. But it is doable. 350whp would be what I would shoot for, easily achievable and still very reliable.

Adding other mods can make the goal easier to reach. Such as a ported intake manifold/SMIM, FMIC with hard piping(should have that anyways), any head work such as porting or casting flaw removal, adjustable cam gears to fine tune timing advancement, aftermarket cams, tubular o2 housing, etc.

Ok so I have an evo III 16g 255 pump hard inter cooler piping for my side mount, hard intake pipe, boost controller, sheet metal intake and 550 injectors ( not on yet ) I mean is all I need is link and I would be able to make 300hp? Would I heat soak the side mount with that power? And on the site they didn't mention a way to tune or injectors they kinda make it seem like you can put a filter boost controller and fuel pump and go out and run 12s LOL

I know thats why i said ill need link and oh ya trust me i know that it wont be too dependable LOL but hey its a 90 gsx what can you expect? LOL but im confused if i should go straight and get link v3 and my wideband or go with the front mount and wideband first? Can i run 12s on the sidemount without too much heat soak?

Link and Wideband first. Good to know what your engine is doing before its to late.

Link and Wideband first. Good to know what your engine is doing before its to late.

I was thinking the same thing LOL i should have enough to buy both this friday if not im just goin to order the wideband first since i can always use to know my a/f ratio im just going to get v3 lite for now my power goals arent into where i need full yet

ECMlink (and an EPROM ecu) was one of my first purcahses. You can use it to tune even at a stock/light mod level. The ECMlink support forums are fantastic and it's a great way to really get to know you're car. It's a very wise investment if you're serious about DSMs.

I already have eprom so link really wont even cost me much i belive v3 lite with socket service is like 440 all together so thats not bad at all and a new wideband is like 170ish i think so all together all i really need to run low 13 high 12s is 650 bucks LOL not to shabby though a fmic would be helpful but thats not expensive either so its no big deal

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back