The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

is it possible to have non turbo cams regrinded to 272 cams @delta cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcarmichael

10+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2011
Greenwood, Indiana
subject pretty much says it all, but basically I got a non turbo block and head, neither in any good shape but for 100 dollars I got everything out of it cams and crank. The crank is already ready to go had to have some work done to it but nothing bad. however I am thinking of sending the cams to delta to get them to regrind them to 272 cams. I know the non turbo cams are a bit different then the turbo cams. Will it be an issue?

also on a side note, does anyone know the powerband on there 272 cams? I was thinking of going with the kiggly street springs, if the power band on the cams is going to be low end, I am not sure I will need the ability to wrap out to higher rpms.

The spring pack you need will depend on what set of the Delta regrinds you go for, the HKS or the Keford.

As far as if the NT cams will be an issue to get reground, Call Delta and ask, But there is not much of a diffreance between turbo cams and NT cams.

planning on the hks, and I was thinking about doing that or just sending them out to them. worse case scenario I am out 20 dollars for the shipping. I like the new avatar bogus looks good.

With the HKS grinds, the Kiggley Street springs will be overkill, but they will allow you to run a more agressive cam should you decide to go that way later on.

Thanks for the compliament!

I imagine the kelford regrinds are the same price would it be a better route to go with those springs. I am only interested in the kiggly springs because I have yet to read anything bad about them. also with the cost of them only being a bit more then other aftermarket springs seems like a decent choice.

The kiggley are a bit more than other springs.

IIRC, the Kiggley street are still behives but with a steel retainer instead of the Ti.

A box of BC1100 springs can be had for $100 or less and use stock retainers.

But any spring has to be installed properly for it to work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back