The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Is it just me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geo2g

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2004
Queens, New_York
Or does all dsm's rattle and shake over every bump in the street? Rough as shyte.

mine doesnt rattle, it just makes really odd noises at different rpm points LOL :dsm:

I drive a 2g. Notorious for the cheap plastic interior that squeaks, tweaks, chirps, pops and anything else you can think of. I have a 99 and I hate hearing those sounds cause it makes my car seem older than it is. :cry:

i think most of my noise comes from the famous "window rattle" all 2gs seem to get. I should get off my butt and fix that Also my lotek gauge pod is noisy. Wierd.

After getting out of the car I turn around and look at it and can't believe all that rattling came from such a beautiful machine.

My car makes a shitload of noise just going straight.

I go over uneven surfaces or a closed manhole which is barely a bump and my steerign wheel goes nuts, I hit the brakes and I have to hold the steering wheel because it wants to take over!

ITSME4G63 said:
I go over uneven surfaces or a closed manhole which is barely a bump and my steerign wheel goes nuts, I hit the brakes and I have to hold the steering wheel because it wants to take over!
Yea whenever I go over a small pothole where one side of the road if higher then the other, the car turns that way. I also have a crazy squeak coming from the back seat area. It started today after I filled a busy intersection with smoke from a burnout cuz some ass made me stop cuz he make a wrong turn and squeaks when i hit a bump or when the subs hit. :thumbdown

Mine doesn't rattle at all, no speaker rattle no nothing... Only when I have a passenger who leans their leg up against the door do I hear a damn squeak. When I hit a pothole I think I break every suspension piece in that area though... Otherwise the squeaks and rattles are NOTHING compared to a neon or cavalier rattle holy christ.

my car makes a low creaking noise if i shift a little hard, its the top rubbing against the top of the windsheild crossmember, but its annoying none the less.

better than my buddies CRX. that thing is a rattletrap. different parts of the car have different vibration noises that come on with different rpm's. and hitting a pothole with coilovers and a 2" drop is like being rear ended by a semi.

MrBentley said:
Why did you have to kill the sig? i didnt see it so thats why i ask.
Administrative imperatives. Just following orders. Like the towel-boy at Auschwitz.

Attachments

• sarah sig2.JPG
    sarah sig2.JPG
    6.1 KB · Views: 221
Game Over said:
Yea whenever I go over a small pothole where one side of the road if higher then the other, the car turns that way. I also have a crazy squeak coming from the back seat area. It started today after I filled a busy intersection with smoke from a burnout cuz some ass made me stop cuz he make a wrong turn and squeaks when i hit a bump or when the subs hit. :thumbdown

that sqeaukign from your back could be the struts for your hatch or the damned wing, my friend though it was the ahtc support struts but when he replaced themn it still squeaed and he came to conclude that the damned wing was doing it.

Defiant said:
Administrative imperatives. Just following orders. Like the towel-boy at Auschwitz.

hey man i made that sig for her haha...was it taken down because there is no pic of her car in it? thanx

Mine doesn't rattle. Maybe it's because I put the sh!te back togeather right. Sometimes my sunroof pops from pressure and the little heating element causes noise.

Oh ya the 1G bov whistles sometimes under vac.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back