The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Is DSMtuners looking to sell YOUR/MY forum posts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
It's been brought to my attention that a rumor is floating around about our TOS (linked at the bottom of our site), specifically, the part that says we own the content posted on our site by our users. Some are concerned that it gives us the ability to gather up all the posts from our site and sell it as a book, posting the information as our own ideas - not that of the people who contributed to this site.

In theory, I guess we could do this if we wanted to see if we could piss off the very members that we've been trying to help the past decade. :rolleyes: First of all, I don't know how many people would pay for a book when all that info can be found here for free. Second of all, it isn't something I've even remotely thought about doing - nor is it something I'd want to do. The ONLY reason I rewrote the TOS was to bring it up to today's standards, the same standards used by DSMtalk, and 99% of all the other large forum sites on the web today.

Every forum site out there that was bought up by Internet Brands and Verticalscope (and there were a lot in recent years), DSMtalk included, were sold under the agreement that the new company would own all posts in that forum - I guarantee you that. You may not like the idea of a forum owning your posts, but by and large, that's how it works these days. Chances of them ever re-posting the information you posted anywhere outside their site is slim, but not impossible. If anything, I'd be concerned about the forums owned by those two companies doing something like that, not the privately owned forums like ours.

I have no plans to ever re-post any information posted by you outside of our website, and I certainly wouldn't re-post that information without credit given to its author. I only want to ensure that we have a legal right to keep that post live on our site for others to benefit from in the future, just like any other forum out there would want. There will be no book sales, no selling your contributions to anyone, no plans to sell DSMtuners as a whole to another entity. If I were going to sell the site, it would have happened already. I'm in this for the long haul. And for anyone who questions our TOS, please read our announcement about it, which has a good explanation:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/site-news/367698-new-terms-service.html

I'm guessing this rumor was started by someone trying to build distrust within the DSM community towards our site. Unfortunately, that's the world we live in. Someone doesn't like our policies, or they've been banned for breaking our rules, so they try and tear us down elsewhere. The ironic part is, our policy is the same as almost every forum you'll ever be a part of these days. Here are a couple lists of auto forum sites that have policies similar to ours:
VerticalScope - Driven by Enthusiasts
Internet Brands, Inc.

Notice Mitsu sites like EvoM, 3si.org, DSMtalk, etc. I don't plan on selling our site out to a large network. This site is my baby and always will be. PM me if you'd like to discuss this in detail. I'm closing this to keep from attracting the trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back