1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

is anyone near Hammond Indiana?

Posted by H1kup, Feb 20, 2020

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. H1kup

H1kup Probationary Member

Joined May 21, 2019
    Winters, California
    RWD4G63 likes this.
  2. TSI_too_slow

TSI_too_slow Proven Member

Joined Mar 1, 2019
    Camden, Indiana
    @H1kup I'm a few hours south of there but I might make a trip up that way after seeing that. Its definitely worth going and checking out to see what the car has under the hood.

Street Build 435  9

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. H1kup

H1kup Probationary Member

Joined May 21, 2019
    Winters, California
    Right? i really hope it isnt a total disappointment for you. i jokingly (actually srsly) looked up plane ticket costs, until i realized i wouldn't be able to fly there until April anyways. :(

4. langelg6

langelg6 Proven Member

Joined Nov 4, 2019
    Hammond, Indiana
    oh yea definitely hopping on that tomorrow I live 3 minutes away

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  5. langelg6

langelg6 Proven Member

Joined Nov 4, 2019
    Hammond, Indiana
    PM me and I can take pictures for you, I live down the street from pick and pull just so you don't have to come all the way up north to find out

6. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    Are they really that rare there? heck my local yard has a whole row of Dsm's/3000gt, they keep them in stock but they want stupid money for most of the parts because they pay top dollar for the cars at auction, some of them are running and drive able when they buy them.

Drag Race Build 3K  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  7. curt-s

curt-s Proven Member

Joined Dec 21, 2008
    Winterville, MB, Canada
    damn you people, we have none anywhere within 500mi or more.

Street Build 2K  1

1991 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM
  8. langelg6

langelg6 Proven Member

Joined Nov 4, 2019
    Hammond, Indiana
    up north I have only ever seen 1 dsm on the road in my home town. a guy with a black tsi talon

9. langelg6

langelg6 Proven Member

Joined Nov 4, 2019
    Hammond, Indiana
    just checked it out almost all of the goodies are gone such as intercooler, turbo, exhaust ,valvecover/valvetrain, transfer case, drive shaft, wheels and calipers as well.

10. Mikerobe

Mikerobe Probationary Member

Joined Apr 4, 2006
    Georgetown, Indiana
    I just discovered a couple days ago that my user name and password still worked from long ago. The post regarding Hammond, Indiana and the discussion between langel6 and TSI_too_slow caught my eye and prompted me to create a profile. I looked up Hammond and Camden and with me being in Georgetown, Indiana I figure we just about cover the state from top to bottom.I had trouble figuring how to do pictures. Anyway I don't know if TSI_too_slow is looking for another car to play with or partsbut figured I would reply here to say I want to sell my car. I haven't figured out how to post it in the Classifieds yet.

Street Build 200  3

1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
    awd · manual · 4G63t Swapped
  11. TSI_too_slow

TSI_too_slow Proven Member

Joined Mar 1, 2019
    Camden, Indiana
    @Mikerobe yep! I know exactly where youre at. I'm in Columbus Indiana a couple times a month. I just Sold a parts car to free up some room on my property so not quite looking for another car at the moment. ive got my hands full finishing up my talon. Thank you though. @langelg6 I would have driven up there this up coming weekend and came home empty handed. thanks for checking that out

Street Build 435  9

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  12. Mikerobe

Mikerobe Probationary Member

Joined Apr 4, 2006
    Georgetown, Indiana
    Yeah same situation, trying to make room. I will get the classified thing figured out and get it posted but wanted to let you know first in case interested.

Street Build 200  3

1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
    awd · manual · 4G63t Swapped
  13. langelg6

langelg6 Proven Member

Joined Nov 4, 2019
    Hammond, Indiana
    no problem. the car was barely posted a month ago and now there's almost none if it left.. I love pick and pull but here up north people are extreme arseholes. I walked to the car and seen a perfectly clean intake cam, some valvesprings and retainers just thrown around in the dirt like people don't care that some guys aren't fortunate enough to buy brand new cams and valetrain... alot of guys could have used those valvesprings or that intake cam thats just how I think