The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Is anybody following the Ceddy Mods with the H8 Flashable ECU

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmarti83

Probationary Member
Nov 8, 2009
grand prairie, Texas
I have been working on DSM's for over Ten years now and really love the cars. I have a 95 Talon TSI AWD that I would like to get up a running, and I happen to have an MD346675 Ecu that I have been saving for a while now and would like to have it flashed and use SD to eliminate the extras on the 7 Bolt, cause I'm currently droping a fresh 6 Bolt between the frame rails.
I had my 7 bolt Lock cause of a bearing seize on my front balance shaft which then ripped the belt and jammed in the timing belt (I have pictures also if anyone would like to see) plus my cousin gave me the 6 bolt to drop in so that why I went that route. I have done the reseach and it seems to me that reflashing a H8 is a good and reasonalbe way to go if you can get around that the openport interface 2.0 cost $229 plus the Logging VAG 409.1 cable and the Wideband I know I need to buy,
So my question is do you guys think it would be a smart investment for my car I have a list of mods that would take forever to put down but I know what I'm doing and would like to see all my options out there and I have previous tuning on SAFC and DSMLink so this would be a little new to me but I want to try and help would be awesome thanks for your time

If the car is a 95, did you check if it had an EPROM? If it had an EPROM I would just recommend you go with Link Lite.

Lot of guys do use the CeddyMods successfully, my only concern with it, is that it has gone without update for a long time now.

+1 on checking to see if you have an eprom ecu first. Ive tried to run ECUflash with evoscan in my Spyder and I just couldnt get the hang of it and was having troubles. Then again maybe you have friends that have run the software and know some about it, I was on my own trying to figure it out. Another reason is to me, it seemed like too much work. Log with this software then adjust in another, flash then back to the other software to log again.. Back and forth back and forth.. But I recommend taking a look in this thread http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tuning-engine-management/338754-first-flashed-dsm-ecu-98-99-flashing-faq.html if you're set on ECUflash.. You wont be able to post in it but still a good read with a lot of helpful info!

I'm currently running a Eprom ECU in my 2G now and in only has a SAFC in it and a DSM Link in a 1G FWD I was just checking to see if you guys thought if it would be smart to run a flashed ECU over Link in my 2g cause how I already have the H8 ECU or just sell it and put my money toward Link

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back