The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Is an eclipse a girls car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2gb eclipse's do look alright. The talon though, i just cant get past the front bumper. The car looks like a chubby shark that is insanely happy because it is stoned out of it's mind.

Im still pretty bummed though, that i had to get a 1gb because i couldnt find a clean auto 1ga :cry:

Which talon? 2gb or 2ga? I swapped my 2ga bumper for a eclipse 2gb. I love the 2gb talon bumper though...simply because they are far less common (at least by me) than 2gb eclipses. I love talons in general because people are dumb and dont even realize its a mitsu. Lol. I felt guilty putting a eclipse bumper on my talon, but my 2ga bumper was cracked and I got the 2gb bumper for 50 shipped off ebay (seller made a BIG mistake..LOL). I still like how the car looks though. I keep my car very stock looking.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/hangout/395511-empie1s-2ga-talon.html

That looks pretty good. I like everything about the talon, but the front bumper.

Well originally i was thinking the 2ga talon bumper was the smiley, but looking at them now, they both look like a chubby smiling stoner shark haha. Maybe the gb more so, it even has teeth haha.

Attachments

• chubbyshark.jpg
    chubbyshark.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 53
  • chubbyshark2.jpg
    chubbyshark2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 44
When i was looking for a way away from my starion i had a friend offer me my current 1997 GST. the conversation with my wife went something like this.

Me: Whatcha think if we got a 97 eclipse gst? its mostly stock
Her: Whats it look like?
Me: Its a dark green color and its the later front end, so its more masculine looking
Her: Masculine? those are girly cars.
Me: Nuh uh
Her: Dude, yes they are
Me: Dude, Lemme show you what it looks like. You'll change your mind
((so i proceed to google "Green 97 GST"))
Me: Okay heres one
(( Quite proud of myself and my amazing search skills in click to see full image and toss her the notebook computer before it even loads!))
Her: hahaha
Me: ...what?
((she hands me compuer baclk))
Me: ....well shit...
Her: masculine front end eh?
Me: shut up.
Her: LOL

((When she handed the computer back to me i was able to see the picture i had clicked on to show her. It was a link to some chick's myspace page and had her standing in front of her car with the subtitle " Look at my new eclipse, isn't is just the cutest thing ever!?"))

My wife still calls it a girl car... *shrug* oh well.

Should have bought a 1ga haha

That 2ga you posted is a eclipse not a talon. Both the 2ga eclipse and the 2ga talon have smily bumpers, they are almost identical, difference being the side air dams are about 5mm different.

That 2ga you posted is a eclipse not a talon. Both the 2ga eclipse and the 2ga talon have smily bumpers, they are almost identical, difference being the side air dams are about 5mm different.

uhhh, i think it's a lot bigger than 5mm LOL
and the fog lights, grill/inner trim, and the fact that it has a mitsubishi logo.
and grey paint. Yes they look similar, but definately not identical.

:ohdamn: Damn it is too haha. Pretty obvious from the badging. google images fail.

Here we go. yea 2ga has the big smile

But im not dissing on anyones ride. Its just my opinion ,2gb>2ga, which matters none. Plus the talon bumpers look completely different with a fmic filling the gap.

Attachments

• 2gatalonve9.jpg
    2gatalonve9.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 145
uhhh, i think it's a lot bigger than 5mm LOL
and the fog lights, grill/inner trim, and the fact that it has a mitsubishi logo.
and grey paint. Yes they look similar, but definately not identical.

I owned both a 2ga eclipse and a 2ga talon and No its def less than a inch. I know this because I bought a lip for a 2ga eclipse. It fit perfectly on the talon except for where the side airdams are. The eclipse dams (the vertical line seperating the center from the sides) come right to the end of the bumper where the talons are recesed less than a inch leaving a gap. Other than that they are the same. And fyi, the fogs are interchangable and the grey paint did NOT come on all 2ga eclipses..come on dude have you owned both a 2ga talon and eclipse? Or are you going based a pic that you have seen?

Last edited:
Was anyone even talking to you? :confused:
Lol....bud change your panties. Lets get some things straight,

a.Im not showing off to anyone ROFL and i find it funny you take think I am LOL.....if thats how you take me referencing the fact I have owned both 1g and 2gs...well thats your problem

b.if you could read, you would have noticed they insulted me first with the "elton john" insult....which was witty and did indeed make me laugh...but like i said, im not getting into a 1g vs 2g pissing match...which would be why i didnt respond to it

c.everything in the "hangout" section is in fun...i take shots and give them back...i dont get offended and if i somehow (even though i never have talked to you) have offended you....thats kinda sad :( I enjoy helping people when i can, and if you read through some of my posts you would see that i do. I do enjoy busting balls of thin skined wieners like your self who dont get that Im just messing around....

Change my panties? Lawlz, you tend to talk down to people, which is why I replied. Also, you trying to insult me by calling me a thin skinned whiner makes me laugh, a person who swears he can tune by using a nothing but a narrowband trying to insult me is like a kid with Downs calling someone a retard.

Good try though.

Change my panties? Lawlz, you tend to talk down to people, which is why I replied. Also, you trying to insult me by calling me a thin skinned whiner makes me laugh, a person who swears he can tune by using a nothing but a narrowband trying to insult me is like a kid with Downs calling someone a retard.

Good try though.

Actually is was a "wiener" that i called you not a WHINER...have problems with reading comprehension? ROFL
And where did you get that I said I tune with a narrow band?? LOL I said nothing about tuning with "nothing but a narrow band"...Ive had dsmlink since I swapped to a 6 bolt which was about 5 years ago...at one time I did have a narrowband, WITH DSMLINK...but I never did any tuning what so ever with it...idiot :rolleyes: if your gonna thread stalk, make sure you read the right profile jr... In fact, currently, my car is ALL STOCK...I sold all of my stuff..sooooo yeah buddy, no where do I say anything about tuning. ...good effort :thumb:

By the way...I think its cute how into me you are. The fact you got riled up enough to open your mouth when you wernt being spoken to says a lot about you! hahahahaha

Actually is was a "wiener" that i called you not a WHINER...have problems with reading comprehension? ROFL
And where did you get that I said I tune with a narrow band?? LOL I said nothing about tuning with "nothing but a narrow band"...Ive had dsmlink since I swapped to a 6 bolt which was about 5 years ago...at one time I did have a narrowband, WITH DSMLINK...but I never did any tuning what so ever with it...idiot :rolleyes: if your gonna thread stalk, make sure you read the right profile jr... In fact, currently, my car is ALL STOCK...I sold all of my stuff..sooooo yeah buddy, no where do I say anything about tuning. ...good effort :thumb:

By the way...I think its cute how into me you are. The fact you got riled up enough to open your mouth when you wernt being spoken to says a lot about you! hahahahaha

Wasn't really riled up, I just love seeing what people have to say to defend themselves in a type of situation. As for thread stalking, there was none, my information I got from a discussion I had with Spawnedx in which he explained that you're an idiot. I personally have nothing against you, you could sit there all day insulting me and it wont make a difference. People don't get a rise out of me, I could really give a shit less what anyone thinks about me, at the end of the day I'm happy with who I am and where I'm at.

I do have to give you props on trying to insult me though bro, but sadly, it wont work.

IMO Looks wise- 2GB Talon>1GA Talon>Galant VR4>1GB Talon>1GB Laser>1GA Eclipse>2GB Eclipse>Colt/MirageGT>Satrion/Conquest>2GA Talon>2GA Eclipse>1GB Eclipse>1GA Laser

IMO Badassness- 1GA Talon>Galant VR4>1GB Talon>1GB Laser>2GB Talon>Satrion/Conquest>Colt/MirageGT>1GA Eclipse>2GB Eclipse>1GB Eclipse>1GA Laser>2GA Talon>2GA Eclipse

But that's the best part.. We all have varying taste!

A eclipse is a girls car but a talon isnt. To tell u the truth ive never seen a girl drive a talon but i see alot of them driving eclipse for some reason.

Im not bias towards and car but def a eclipse is a girls car.

Wasn't really riled up, I just love seeing what people have to say to defend themselves in a type of situation. As for thread stalking, there was none, my information I got from a discussion I had with Spawnedx in which he explained that you're an idiot. I personally have nothing against you, you could sit there all day insulting me and it wont make a difference. People don't get a rise out of me, I could really give a shit less what anyone thinks about me, at the end of the day I'm happy with who I am and where I'm at.

I do have to give you props on trying to insult me though bro, but sadly, it wont work.

Hahahahahahahahahah.....I don't have to insult you...you do it to yourself!! you just tried to insult me with some narrow band insult that you were wrong on and than you blame spawn for it! This is seriously one of the funniest things I've read on here yet. So let me get this straight...you and spawn had a private convo about me in which he informed you I'm a idiot because I tune with a narrowband only? Hahhhaha...not only is that wrong its pathetic...LOL. Whenever you find evidence of me "tuning with a narrowband" ..feel free to throw it in my face. Till than...get a life. If your gonna try to talk shit...at least come with some facts ..Lol..man your hilarious dude!!!!

And apparently I got enough of a rise out of you (not even talking to you) that you feel the need to run your mouth for no reason. Just be quite man...obviously you have some issues....and Im sorry me messing around with other members offends you.

Hahahahahahahahahah.....I don't have to insult you...you do it to yourself!! you just tried to insult me with some narrow band insult that you were wrong on and than you blame spawn for it! This is seriously one of the funniest things I've read on here yet. So let me get this straight...you and spawn had a private convo about me in which he informed you I'm a idiot because I tune with a narrowband only? Hahhhaha...not only is that wrong its pathetic...LOL. Whenever you find evidence of me "tuning with a narrowband" ..feel free to throw it in my face. Till than...get a life. If your gonna try to talk shit...at least come with some facts ..Lol..man your hilarious dude!!!!

Glad I was able to make your day? I guess that's all I can really say. I don't care enough to look for evidence, if you didn't say it then I guess I look like an idiot. Makes no difference to me LOL.

Sigh...why did you bring me into this Erick...I told you if I had to chime in it wasn't going to be flattering.

The narrowband conversation was about 91stocker. No idea how empie1 comes into play with this? Anyway, I brought you both a gift.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The other day i was at some ricer meet and this 3g was parked in front of me. I said how the 3gs were girls cars and my friends turn around and says (Well i got news for you all eclipses are girls cars) (monte carlo driver)

he is absolutely right. anything thing that has to do with 2g and up is a girls car.

Sigh...why did you bring me into this Erick...I told you if I had to chime in it wasn't going to be flattering.

The narrowband conversation was about 91stocker. No idea how empie1 comes into play with this? Anyway, I brought you both a gift.

Hahahahahahahahahah....Thanks spawn!!! I was like Wtf is this kid talking about?? LOL Good one weaver. Thanks for playing:thumb:

Hmmm, guess I confused the two. My apologies to Empie1, I will admit when I'm wrong.

Btw, nice looking vag @ Costa.

Ok, i'll bite. Yes he was referring to a thread a while back where i said it was "possible" repeat "possible" to tune with a narrowband and safc. Which it is, very possible.

I'll repeat this again there were evo's 5 years ago running 11's on a NB and safc alone. Ofcourse there are better options today, that was never my point. I ran a 12.5 with a ebay 16g and safc tuning with you guessed it a NB. Was it ideal, no, but it worked.

Nb's are worthless closed loop they bounce and up down almost randomly. People with NB gauges see the numbers bouncing around in closed loop while their cruising and think that is inaccuracy, which is totally false. A narrow band's bounce will look the same as a wide band's bounce around the stoich point in closed loop. WOT(open loop) is the only time to pay attention to it. The voltage read out directly represents a afr. Watching timing and knock is more important anyway. Watch how it affects timing in the logs. Its not rocket science here.

Besides I dont see spawned or chaosweaver anywhere near 11's so you link nutswingers might need to change your game up. Im sure you guys were part of the flock of idiots that swapped 1g heads on their 7 bolts too. I envy you guys with all your internet knowledge.

Although it is pretty funny you two are gossiping in pm's like some high school girls.

Ok, i'll bite. Yes he was referring to a thread a while back where i said it was "possible" to tune with a narrowband and safc. Which it is, very possible.

I'll repeat this again there were evo's 5 years ago running 11's on a NB and safc alone. Ofcourse there are better options today, that was never my point. I ran a 12.5 with a ebay 16g and safc tuning with you guessed it a NB.

Nb's are worthless closed loop they bounce and up down almost randomly. People with NB gauges see the numbers bouncing around in closed loop while their cruising and think that is inaccuracy, which is totally false. WOT(open loop) is the only time to pay attention to it. The voltage read out directly represents a afr. Watching timing and knock is more important anyway. Watch how it affects timing in the logs. Its not rocket science here.

Besides I dont see spawned or chaosweaver anywhere near 11's so you link nutswingers might need to change your game up. Im sure you guys were part of the flock of idiots that swapped 1g heads on their 7 bolts too. I envy you guys with all your internet knowledge.

Although it is pretty funny you two are gossiping in pm's like some high school girls.

I'm no where close to 11s on my FWD, I'll give you that. Also my car has a full 6 bolt swap dudeski and Costa is running a 7 bolt, so... Yep, that's about it.

I'm no where close to 11s on my FWD, I'll give you that. Also my car has a full 6 bolt swap dudeski

Yea but the question is did you keep your 7 bolt head? haha

Anyway I was merely saying it was possible in the other thread and damn people exploded. With whats available today theres no reason to mess with any of that shit but still..

I didn't use analytical knowledge equations to prove or disprove the existence of X variable either, but I can still decode the equation and write one. What have you proven with this comment? Merely that you think that bragging on the internet about some sort of accomplishment you perceived to have made. I helped my dad with his Chevelle, it runs 10s, I guess I am expert at running 10s according to your thesis and analysis of the situation.

Let us look at the definition of knowledge shall we...

cognition: the psychological result of perception and learning and reasoning

So please tell us how one as astute as yourself can physically possess that which is only psychological, since that is your reasoning for why anything I post is useless, heard from someone else or as you definite it "internet knowledge."

Even though the phrase "internet knowledge" implies to knowledge of the internet. Here I am a nice guy, I will fix your argument for you, what you meant to say was "knowledge you learned on the internet." Even though it is hardly the truth, the way you word things matters.

For the reference of people here, please post your expert qualifications that you are trying to imply you hold, and that you are implying makes anything you say more valid than myself or Erick.

Now I will be the first to admit that I have thoroughly trashed Erick in IMs about some things he has perceived as knowledge. I hope he admits to it as well, but let's go ahead and ask him, Erick when have I ever given you bad information? Have I not suggested to others who are asking questions outside of my scope, to refer to other qualified people and resources? I don't know, like Keiya?

Don't worry, we don't send PMs about you, nor do I recall anymore than linking Erick to said post, the rest of the topic he is talking about is his own deductions from reading that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back