The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

is a GS / RS considered a DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGdsmNewb

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 19, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta_Canada
I'm having an arguement with some guy on another forum about how only the 4g63T models are DSMS but he says the 420A's are dsms as well...... Can someone clarrify this for me please, thanks!

RGdsmNewb said:
I'm having an arguement with some guy on another forum about how only the 4g63T models are DSMS but he says the 420A's are dsms as well...... Can someone clarrify this for me please, thanks!

Dude. Are you kidding me. I'm not even answering that. That guy on the other forum is correct.

Why wouldn't they be DSMs? Argue me that. Honestly. Wait let me guess, because it doesn't have a turbo???

Blitzeclips said:
Dude. Are you kidding me. I'm not even answering that. That guy on the other forum is correct.

Why wouldn't they be DSMs? Argue me that. Honestly. Wait let me guess, because it doesn't have a turbo???

i swear i read that somewhere that the 420a was a complete chrysler project and dsm wasn't involved????????????????????

Its basically all opinion based... Some say the only real DSM's are turbo & AWD. And its been debated before im sure if you do some searching.

Blitzeclips said:

Nice use of tags, man, but take it one step further.

Technically, the only cars which are DSMs are those which were made between 1989 and 1995 with a DSM plate on the firewall in the engine bay. Any other Eclipse or Talon after that is merely called a DSM because it's damn near the exact same car. Aside from a few minor alterations to trim or bearings or whatnot, the cars are identical. Now, you might be thinking, "Then a 2GNT isn't a DSM because it has neither the badge nor the powertrain," but the fact remains that it's the same car, so it's grandfathered into the DSM family just like the turbo version. In fact, my 97 base model Talon has a Mitsubishi plate on the firewall. That makes it a Chrysler manufactured by Mitsubishi. Isn't that the close enough? 2GNTs have a Mitsu badge, regardless of being Eclipse or Talon.

I would hope you're not out there making an ass of yourself by telling an Eclipse owner that he's not a DSMer because he runs a 420A. That would be low class. This isn't rocket science we're talking about, here. If you have an Eclipse, Laser, or Talon, you're driving a DSM. Period. Whether officially manufactured under the DSM venture or by grandfathering in, it's a DSM. GVR4s are NOT DSMs. EVOS are NOT DSMs. 3000GTs and Stealths are NOT DSMs.

Go fast with class. Arguing about what is and is not a DSM, after more than a decade is not classy at all.

dr1665 said:

Technically, the only cars which are DSMs are those which were made between 1989 and 1995 with a DSM plate on the firewall in the engine bay. Any other Eclipse or Talon after that is merely called a DSM because it's damn near the exact same car. Aside from a few minor alterations to trim or bearings or whatnot, the cars are identical. Now, you might be thinking, "Then a 2GNT isn't a DSM because it has neither the badge nor the powertrain," but the fact remains that it's the same car, so it's grandfathered into the DSM family just like the turbo version. In fact, my 97 base model Talon has a Mitsubishi plate on the firewall. That makes it a Chrysler manufactured by Mitsubishi. Isn't that the close enough? 2GNTs have a Mitsu badge, regardless of being Eclipse or Talon.

I would hope you're not out there making an ass of yourself by telling an Eclipse owner that he's not a DSMer because he runs a 420A. That would be low class. This isn't rocket science we're talking about, here. If you have an Eclipse, Laser, or Talon, you're driving a DSM. Period. Whether officially manufactured under the DSM venture or by grandfathering in, it's a DSM. GVR4s are NOT DSMs. EVOS are NOT DSMs. 3000GTs and Stealths are NOT DSMs.

Go fast with class. Arguing about what is and is not a DSM, after more than a decade is not classy at all.

Ok so you're saying that the turbo cars have just adopted the whole DSM label because it's the better car..... but techincally the 420A and 4g63T were made by DSM??? Or did DSM just design the body styling of the cars? I'm not dissing anyone for owning a n/t it's just someone speculated on the fact that his car isn't a true dsm. Why are Vr4s not dsms if they have a 4g63T in them>

dr1665 said:

Well put, Brian. I have the same DSM badge in my door jams, firewall, and rear hatch even.

You need to do research before making assumptions. Also, you can't believe everything you read. Especially if it's coming from another forum other than tuners..:nono:

Glliw said:
They don't. They carry a TT 3.0l V6.

He meant the Galant VR4, which does have the 4G63 in it.

You're thinking of the 3000GT VR4, which has the 3.0L V6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back