The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Is 99 Automatic Gsx worth it?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yatesbrenden

Probationary Member
Jul 10, 2013
Payson, Utah
Sorry i am still kinda new to this site, so i'm not sure if i posted in the right forum. I am looking at a 99 Gsx, It has 133xxx miles, but it is auto. The only mods done to it is aftermarket intake, BOV, and a exhaust. It has a clean body and interior. The only problem is the harmonic balancer shakes. So it the power steering belt comes off? So it doesnt have power steering tell i fix that.
I'm just curious if its a good car still being auto and if its something people would recommend and why?

The power steering is driven by the water pump pulley, which is driven by the harmonic balancer. So they're either full of it, or have no idea what they're talking about.

But either way, I wouldn't let the Auto trans deter you from an otherwise decent car. The whole "auto's are for women" thing was started by guys who drive 100hp Honda's who do epic 1-wheel burnouts in the local supermarket parking lot. If 5-speed's were so superior, the fastest straight-line cars in the world wouldn't use Automatic transmissions.

"But it is auto" You make it sound like a bad thing. Whats bad about reliability and consistancy? And your asking if it is worth it but have not given a price. GSX's are nice and if its a clean body, it may be hard to pass up.

Yeah sorry about that guys, She will sell it for 3200 She was asking 4500 but I did persuade her down a good amount! The only problem it has is the harmonic balancer? Is it something that needs to be replaced asap or is it fine for a little while?!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back