The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Is 5.0 quarts of motor oil in a 2G GSX ok?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TantrumSKID

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 15, 2003
Jackson Heights, New_York
I recently did the Amsoil motor flush and filled up my motor with their 10w-30 oil. The factory specs call for roughly 4.7 quarts combined so I figured 5 shouldn't be too bad. Since I bought five 1 quart bottles, I didn't want the other .3 quarts to go to waste so I just dumped it in the motor. So far it has been running fine, but then again I only drove it a few blocks after the oil change.. Will I encounter any problems later on?

-Mike-

PS. I'm using a stock/Mitsu oil filter.

yeah don't dump in extra oil, just because you have "left overs". Fill it so it's just under the max line on the dipstick and what ever you have left just save and you could use it if your car burns a little oil between oil changes.

Originally posted by FourG63 97GST
If I remember correctly, its takes me 4 quarts

Straight out my owners manual:

oil pan: 4.2 Quarts
oil filter: .32 Quart
oil cooler: .11 Quart

Total: 4.63 Quarts no more no less :D

yeah, but when you change the oil you don't get every last drop, there is probably a half a quart stuck to everything in the motor. go ahead and fill it with 4.63 and i bet your over the max line.

Originally posted by FourG63 97GST
If I remember correctly, its takes me 4 quarts

Straight out my owners manual:

oil pan: 4.2 Quarts
oil filter: .32 Quart
oil cooler: .11 Quart

Total: 4.63 Quarts no more no less :D

Im sorry to bring up this old thread but I'm a newbie. Where is the oil cooler? I'd done one oil change and dump oil into the pan and filter. I didnt know u had to dump in the oil cooler also.

You'll be just fine man. The car is designed to take a little extra oil and not break or anything. Just don't put it too much over the max line on the dip stick.

Have a great day

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back