The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

IPT Performance Transmission "Tips Vol. II" Video

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks very informative. Do you have any videos describing the front and rear clutch install? I see you sell those parts and would like to upgrade in the future.

Actually was considering those- perhaps this week. Also, I would take any good suggestions for stuff anyone would want to know more about.

-John

I think covering the parts you sell is great. Not everybody can ship their trans cross country to get work done. Or perhaps they just need to fix a problematic part and don't need a full on build. Having the videos and being shown common mistakes really helps out.

Great tip on the trans pilot bushing in the crank. I'm running the thicker Kiggly flexplate. I think while I have the engine out I'll pick up a new bushing and modify and put it in backwards just to make sure I'm getting the correct contact.

Much appreciated!

Great tip on the trans pilot bushing in the crank. I'm running the thicker Kiggly flexplate. I think while I have the engine out I'll pick up a new bushing and modify and put it in backwards just to make sure I'm getting the correct contact.

Much appreciated!

I would.

Sometimes there becomes a tolerance stack-up situation, i.e. converter pilot height a bit short, end of the crank a bit long, the step on the bushing being a bit further in, etc..

If some of these things add up in the wrong direction (and it's so close to begin with), you can have a problem.

-John
IPT Performance Transmissions
Facebook- IPT Performance Transmissions
IPT Performance Transmissions Blog

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back