The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

IPS Switch in the TPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM98GSX

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 16, 2008
Tucson, Arizona
I'm trying to figure out a few things. I've converted to a Haltech Sport 1000, custom engine bay harness, using the 2gb TPS on a S90 TB. I want to keep my cruise control but haven't had the ability to test everything together. My main question is: the built in IPS in the TPS sensor ties into the stock ecu and also the auto cruise control ecu, so will the cruise still work with my configuration? I've gone through both the FSM electrical for my year as well as the auto cruise FSM and cannot come to a definitive answer. Any help or guidance is appreciated!

-Ronin

I'm trying to figure out a few things. I've converted to a Haltech Sport 1000, custom engine bay harness, using the 2gb TPS on a S90 TB. I want to keep my cruise control but haven't had the ability to test everything together. My main question is: the built in IPS in the TPS sensor ties into the stock ecu and also the auto cruise control ecu, so will the cruise still work with my configuration? I've gone through both the FSM electrical for my year as well as the auto cruise FSM and cannot come to a definitive answer. Any help or guidance is appreciated!

-Ronin
It should work as long as if you keep the auto cruise circuit the same. The stock ECU is just receiving the TPS/IPS signal, sending nothing to the auto cruise ECU. So I think only changing the receiver (ECU) wouldn't affect the auto cruise circuit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back