The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Introducing Myself

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrovenM_DSM

Proven Member
Feb 28, 2021
Macomb, Michigan
What’s up guys I’m a DSM fanatic like all of you are! I’m 16 and my dad has a 1996 eclipse GSX it’s been my dream car for as long as I can remember (probably because I grew up in it) but it’s been garage ridden for years so I’m going to buy it from my dad and fix it up! It’s got a new engine in it that he put in years ago with only 5000 miles give or take a little on it! It’s got a Megan racing no cat exhaust which has the greatest low rumble sound to it that I’ve ever heard. It’s a little over 120000 miles I need to detail it due to the interior falling apart a little (basically just the roof of the car) and it also desperately needs a paint job. It’s the classic red and I intend to keep it red And I want to paint the wheels white and the brake calipers white and I will try to add some more white accents throughout the car! It makes about 300 bhp but it definitely needs a tune and I want to put a bigger turbo on it and time and eventually my biggest goal for it is to make between 350-400 hp and give it a front mount innercooler just like the other models!

Welcome to the site Stroven.... Your first goal to accomplish would be to get the car running as best you can. Then when you know you have a decent runner go ahead an start detailing to make her look as good as she runs. I found a picture of a GSX and put white rims on it... Maybe this is what your new ride will look like.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Welcome to the site Stroven.... Your first goal to accomplish would be to get the car running as best you can. Then when you know you have a decent runner go ahead an start detailing to make her look as good as she runs. I found a picture of a GSX and put white rims on it... Maybe this is what your new ride will look like.
That’s gorgeous that’s what I’m going for!! I’ve got bride 5 spoke wheels on it! And yes of course that’s my first goal I want her to be a good runner where I’ll be able to go on a car trip without and problems! Thank you!

Welcome to the best DSM forum on the web Matthew! You should be able to find out just about anything you need right here. We all try to pitch in and be helpful like good ole Larry (@Widgmaster) and MANY others so when it is time for some information, do a search and if you can't find an answer, just post up a thread and the good guys and gals on here will chip in to help you out.
Get us some pictures now and then we can compare them after you get her running and cleaned up so you can see the before and after pics! :thumb:
Marty

I was clueless for a second or two wondering how @1990TSIAWDTALON knew this young mans first name then it dawned on me... he`s a moderator ...he can see things we can`t. Any ways... I wish this covid thing was long gone so I could offer my services to this fellow. Here`s a pic of a set of 1967 Charger Front Buckets I completed today..

Larry, those are BEAUTIFUL!!!!. I seen some of your work and EVERYTHING impresses the shit outta me buddy! :thumb:
Your the goto guy for me on interior questions and answers!

I see Mathew lives in Macomb Michigan.. That might be a 30 minuet drive from my location here in Canada but it involves crossing the boarder and at this time that`s a no no . I would be willing to give this young fellow a deal of a life time on headliner ..panels and seats .. My go to people for carpets is ACCMats https://www.accmats.com/ I don't have my account with them any more so I cant buy wholesale... Today I will finish the back seats for the 67 Charger... As an example of helping some one out I charged this fellow $500.00 for all four buckets .. The price should have been $500 .00 for just one set of buckets as I`m sure you guys know...

Welcome to the best DSM forum on the web Matthew! You should be able to find out just about anything you need right here. We all try to pitch in and be helpful like good ole Larry (@Widgmaster) and MANY others so when it is time for some information, do a search and if you can't find an answer, just post up a thread and the good guys and gals on here will chip in to help you out.
Get us some pictures now and then we can compare them after you get her running and cleaned up so you can see the before and after pics! :thumb:
Marty
Thank you!

That’s gorgeous that’s what I’m going for!! I’ve got bride 5 spoke wheels on it! And yes of course that’s my first goal I want her to be a good runner where I’ll be able to go on a car trip without and problems! Thank you!
Correction: They are Borbets not Brides LOL

Hey dude its cool to see someone your age taking interest in the car! Just dont be like how I was at your age and tear that thing to pieces! Good luck :)

I wont! Im gonna baby the living hell out of this thing. With the exception of races. My friends and I have been planning on having an annual track day for years now! Now that we all almost have ours car to do it we can make that dream a reality!. My friend drew is buying an Evo 9 hes got 11k saved up now and my friend Brendan wants a G8/Chevy SS or a Trailblazer SS! Were going to set up cameras and everything for it!

Mathew ... your dad has to be a proud father cause you seem to be a decent kid... Sorry for the kid name but I`m sure you know what I mean..The fact that you mention a track day and not the street speaks volumes of you character.. You don`t race on the street..... to many dangers for you and others and a good way to lose your license like I did when I was a bone head.. I mean teenager...LOL

Mathew ... your dad has to be a proud father cause you seem to be a decent kid... Sorry for the kid name but I`m sure you know what I mean..The fact that you mention a track day and not the street speaks volumes of you character.. You don`t race on the street..... to many dangers for you and others and a good way to lose your license like I did when I was a bone head.. I mean teenager...LOL

A GSX at 16 would have been amazing! Welcome to the forum. As you can probably tell not only do you get mechanical support here but also moral support which only adds to the fun of being part of this community. Nice to know someone your age acknowledges how special these cars are and need good owners. I look forward to seeing where your project goes.

Yeah as much I would love to smoke a stupid beamer.. its not a good idea and I dont want to lose my license and have my insurance go through the roof! Because its not gonna be too much because the eclipse is old but since im a teenager it will be high and Im gonna keep that record squeaky clean for as long as I can!

Hey! I know we already chatted a little bit the other day, but I wanted to drop a message on here to welcome you to this incredible community as well. As you have seen, this site is a fantastic resource full of great people who are also passionate about these amazing cars. If you have any questions along the way, don't hesitate to ask. Best of luck on your build!

A GSX at 16 would have been amazing! Welcome to the forum. As you can probably tell not only do you get mechanical support here but also moral support which only adds to the fun of being part of this community. Nice to know someone your age acknowledges how special these cars are and need good owners. I look forward to seeing where your project goes.
Yep! I got extremely lucky! Especially having a dad that is into tuners and DSM! This is my dream.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back