The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Introduce myself

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleque

Probationary Member
Apr 25, 2016
Des Moines, Iowa
my name is aleque i have owned my 96 gsx for awhile since i was 16, the worst part about it all is i got it when i was 16. that means electrical mayhem ;((( i did a lot of mistakes but i'm trying to get it to run solid again. got it for 200$ with a blown motor, its came a long way and would love to restore it. unfortunately body panels have seen better days but i'm slowly gathering new parts for it everytime i get a chance. currently what i have done to it is new intercooler(vrsf), 225 wb fuel pump, aem high flow fuel rail, gates timing belt/tune up stuff i.e spark plugs,diff fluid flushes, AEM AFR, new flex pipe for exhaust (due to crack),Ecmlink and really that's it everything is pretty much stock. i currently have this problem with my engine cutting out at higher rpms. i believe it might have to do with something with my ecu but not certain. if you know much about ecm tuning and local or can help over the internet that would be awesome. thanks for the read !

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Welcome to the site! For $200 you got a fairly good deal on that. I mean you cannot get them for that much anymore so its a right bargain infact!

We have many threads on alot of your questions so feel free to search and start to read up on it all as you will need to learn yourself as much as possible for others to also help and chip in their advice. Make sure your maintenance is upto date as almost everyone will ask this and if the cars not 100% checked working and that includes sensors and ecu taps for monitoring.

I see you signed up in 2016 so its along time ago now. So why now have you only just started to use the forums? What have you been using in the mean time or you use to just browse here

I see you signed up in 2016 so its along time ago now. So why now have you only just started to use the forums? What have you been using in the mean time or you use to just browse here
I have been working on this car on and off for so long and feel like I haven’t made much progress, it’s time to ask for help and connect with other people who have common problems. The same time I got this car was the same time I signed up in the forums, at the time I was only browsing, hoping to change that this time.

Welcome! $200??? That's the best deal I've seen. Not sure if that's how you got it, but car looks great. Start a new post for your issue including a log and what you've checked so far.
Thanks ! Actually no I think imma try and find old pictures of what it looked like before. After picking up this gsx with a blown motor I drove down to chicago and picked up a 7bolt for only $100

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back