The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Internet scammers!! READ! (been scammed before?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drivemusicnow

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 15, 2004
Germany, Europe
So, In light of the BMX dude crossposting about being scammed, I figured I'd post this over here.

Just a heads up to anyone out there who think there aren't any consequences to scamming someone online.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399203

Has almost 2 million hits.

Hell, the guy has a spot online for all eternity... In the Wikipedia!

Just so you know, its entertaining until about page 20, I couldn't get any further.

Just Thought I'd let some people know that the internet isn't another world, you can get fvcked, And I hope you do. only worse. Taking someone's money and not following through with what you said IS mail fraud. It is also probably THE most douche-baggish thing you could possibly do... Ever.

EDIT: found this was previously posted. here http://www.dsmtuner.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205319&highlight=wenzel however I still think this makes a good point. Mods, if you feel this should be combined with the older thread, so be it.

Wenkel now lives under a rock and has to watch his back. The mob mentality, "I know where you live" approach isn't always best, but in this case, it proves a great point.

LandoAWD on Pirate4x4. :)

My brother got scammed on ebay buying a "t3" turbo.... ended up being from a junkyard and totally unusable.

Long story short, we happened to be going on vacation to Vermont and my cousins live in Canada 20 minutes from the guy. Told him I would return the part by hand if he didnt return out money immediatly.

He gave us our money back.

-Seth

I bought a 14b turbo off of ebay with "minimal shaft play"...when I got it..the wheel wiggles enough to hit the housing over and over again.

Pretty pissed, but by the time I was going to do something about it I don't remember the ebay sellers name and 30 or so days had passed.

Got you all beat..Before I got my GSX, I was looking at a GST on Ebay. The seller had like a 30 for a feedback, all positive. I won the auction, guy required a $500 deposit at end of it, so I sent it to him via Paypal. So he basically jerked me around for a couple weeks, saying how he needed to get the Registration straightened out because the car was in Texas, but had Oregon plates for some reason... :| Guy answered his phone about 1/4 of the time so that's why this dragged out for weeks. Most of it was just me trying to get into touch with him. 3 weeks after the auction he tells me he needs $226 to switch the registration over or some crap...I didn't know anything about how registrations or titles work though, so I fell for it. After about a month, when I called it said his number was disconnected.

Soo I look at on Ebay and see he relisted the same damn car...I look at his feedback, and he has about 6 Negatives from people saying they never recieved the item (Most were cars). I called the San Antonio police & filed a report, they said they'd let me know. About a month later I get a call saying they arrested the guy..apparently he scammed about $20,000 out of people.

So now I'm pretty much on the 'waiting list' while this guy does restitution so he can pay back all the money he scammed out of people. So I'll get my money back ($726 total), they said it may take a couple years though, since he's only putting so much money aside each month to pay back the $20k he stole...

Yeah I know..I was stupid!

Oh yeah, this happened back in '03...
Sorry for the long post.

I'm not going to say any names, but I bought an AWD transmission off of someone on tuners. been a little over a month now, but he keeps i touch and the listing says it's sold. Anyone have a clue how long it'll take to ship and transmission across the US? My 6bolt took 3 weeks. Anyways if I don't recieve by the end of the week I'm asking for my money back.
-adam-

That's a repost, but the wikipedia thing is brand new. LOL

Talk about getting Owned.....

Charlie got what he deserved. Hopefully every other 15 year old kid that gets the idea of internet scamming stumbles across the Wenzel story and it changes their mind.

PS - If you google "charlie wenzel" some pretty interesting/funny stuff comes up. It's amazing how quickly this spread across every forum board known to man.

One random forum quoted: "Charlie he had people calling his house, at one point someone made a recording and the poor kid sounded like he was crying."

Hopefully he learned his lesson.

Too bad DsmTuners don't stick together like that. You'd never have anything to worry about. I don't even want to buy anything from most of these asshats on here. :notgood:

I just read the Wikipedia entry!! LOL.. 2 funny.. I need to read that thread..

Just a quick FYI for anyone that does biz online using Paypal!! I've been doing business online with ebay/paypal since 99 and just about got BURNED for $600+ the other week.. All the anti paypal sites I've seen on the internet (paypalwarning.com , nopaypal.com , etc.) started to make totally make senes! I now realize that paypal does not protect people and criminals run rampant using their system to commit fraud - IE - wirefraud and leaves honest buisness people high and dry with little to no recourse! Just read some of those stories!!

I'm not going to go into what happened with me but I can tell you this... If you sell something for more than $250 on ebay and accept paypal as payment MAKE SURE you use tracking and or SIGNATURE confirmation since your not protected with simple shipping confirmation as I found out... So, be careful because scammers are getting more advanced and often get away with it because of the distance involved with the disputes.

I still use paypal since I actually like their debit card that gives me cash back and the high interest you get for having money in their system but remain highly skeptical.

That was a good read. Even I gave up and skipped to the end once I hit about 20 pages or so, but the really funny thing is, my new GF drives a 4x4 Isuzu Amigo and I just joined yet another automotive forum to see if I can't learn to tweak it for her. Thanks for the link. Useful!

ive been scamed once on the internet.. and guess where? here of all places! :mad:
if i ever go to texas..theres gonna be a big ass woopin

yeah,you gotta be carefull ,even if it was a parts trade as in my case.

Too bad nobody wants to stick together. There's a guy in NC that will get his ass kicked if I ever make it down there and quite possibly another guy in maryland. Both of those guys need a nice ass whoopin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back