The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Internal wastegate fitment on roated 16g?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpoage20

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 15, 2012
Car is a 91 gsx, was putting on a vrspeed factory front mount on the car. Due to the jpipe hitting the tubular manifold, I had to rotate the compressor housing. My question is, my wastegate isn't lining up like it should, so is there anyway around this, or do I have to get an external wastegate setup?

You would be better off going with an evo3 exhaust manifold so that the j pipe will clear than trying to go with an external wastgate. You will spend quite a bit more trying to go with the external wastegate than just getting the correct manifold.

Thanks for the input. Ive been looking at some fp manifolds or maybe an evo one. The tubular manifold was on the car when I got it, and just had more important things to fix since then. I may pick up a new manifold this weekend. Rotating the compressor housing threw everything out of line, and went through pure hell to get everthing back together.

Thanks for the input. Ive been looking at some fp manifolds or maybe an evo one. The tubular manifold was on the car when I got it, and just had more important things to fix since then. I may pick up a new manifold this weekend. Rotating the compressor housing threw everything out of line, and went through pure hell to get everthing back together.

Even a good ported 2g manifold would be leaps and bounds better than that tubular.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back