The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

interior swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge avenger center console

That is a Seabring console. It may have come out of Avenger but it was in a Seabring first. There was no wood grain option in the Avengers.

The only thing I do not miss about my Avenger console is the din and a half radio slot made me want to put a talon/ eclipse center console in.

The door pulls are tan? The eclipse had wierd options back in the day. I have a tan interior but my pulls are black.

If you look at the picture you will notice it has manual windows the manual window door panels are one piece and do not have the removeable bolsters like the power window door panels. This is why they are tan.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the wood grain but it's whatever you like bro, I have all black in mine except the roof is tan everything else is black except my trim just painted it white and it looks sexy (check out my pic :D) but yea good job man.

Looks awesome. I want to do my black interior swap. I have every thing I need to do it. From my old car. I just don't like the grey. But the whole swap seems a bit intimidating.

Im not sure if the OP is still on this forum but i love the look of this and i want it in my car too! So from what ive read, youd have to swap out the Sebring dash out and the center console in order for this to work even if you already have a black dash? I can't really tell the difference between my 2g black Spyder GS dash and that dash in the picture...i was thinking of just pulling the center console from a Sebring at the yard and changing it out for my all back one...whats the difference and why would i need to swap dashes? That just seems like alot of work. :p

You don't have to swap the dash, you can just swap the center console.

Sweet! What about the two big plastic portions at the bottom where the center console mounts on top of? It looks like those are vented and the original eclipse ones aren't. Would i have to replace both of those and each side also or would the Eclipse ones work as well?

There are a bunch of Sebrings at the junkyard so i'm going to to find me one :) Plus, i'd have to use the 95-99 Sebring only? Or would the 2000+ fit also? WTF

Sweet! What about the two big plastic portions at the bottom where the center console mounts on top of? It looks like those are vented and the original eclipse ones aren't. Would i have to replace both of those and each side also or would the Eclipse ones work as well?

There are a bunch of Sebrings at the junkyard so i'm going to to find me one :) Plus, i'd have to use the 95-99 Sebring only? Or would the 2000+ fit also? WTF

You'll have to do the center console itself and the kick panels on the side. The doors and dash can stay.

Ok thanks for the responses guys! This will definatly be my next mod...btw, does the shifter (automatic) work just the same as the Eclipse and are they interchangable? I broke the cruise control button on mine trying to take it apart to switch out the black plastic PRD12 cover :p That buttons a real pain in the ass to get out...still haven't figured it out yet either.

The Seabrings you can pull the console ran from 95-00. You need the complete center console including the top trays, side panels, and radio bezel.

Ok thanks. What do you mean my the top trays? I'll be looking to do this swap out in my GS soon. I want the wood grain look. It looks way better and more professional.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back