The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Interior light conversion - premade kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedicine

Proven Member
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto, ON_Canada
Just curious if anyone has swapped out the interior lighting to these pre-made LED panels that are selling on ebay. First time ive seen it, was looking for other interior parts and they came up. Not sure if i can attach a link but here is a photo, also looks like they have some others for the cluster. Just an option i wanted to share.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Curious as to how you found these. It looks more like a conceptual idea rather than an actual product. An eBay search just turns up used conventional controls. Looking at the pictures, how would you even change the dial settings?

I have a set of those that I bought last year. They came from Poland from a company called Moman. Looks like they are now selling them on Ebay. Fast shipping and they look really nice, but installed them and never hooked the power up to them because im lazy.. Been a long time since ive driven the car at night so it wasnt a priority..The install wasnt too bad. I was able to slide the tach and the speedometer over the needles without taking them off.. Couldnt get the stock boost and oil pressure gauges to work again because i had to take them apart, but doesnt matter cause i have aftermarket gauges for both. Anyways.. The only bad thing about the design of the instrument gauges is that the speedometer doesnt come in mph(most other car do tho)... You would have to order the set that comes with the 300 km/h.. It matches up to the kph on your stock gauge... The 240 km/h is going to be off.

if you scroll all the way down on this page you can see the different styles with the 240kph and 300kph..I have model 6
Moman gauges

The HVAC gauges fit just fine.. no issues that i remember
Moman HVAC

I first saw this guy hook them up and thought they looked great.

Last edited:
I'm only 7 months late. I have the Moman gauges in my car and I am very happy with them. If you want them in MPH you have to contact them, their website and ebay site only have them in KM/H.

The photos don't show what they really look like, the reds are proper red, not orange like the photos seem to show. This is a work in progress, I am buying LEDs to finish converting the various other switches and rings blue to match.

If you want them in MPH you have to contact them, their website and ebay site only have them in KM/H.
Yep, just figured out that they make custom ones and received my MPH last Thursday(driving km/h sucked :D ). The guy will tell you to specify 180mph gauge in the comment section on the shipping page, for anyone else who is thinking about ordering.

Love the look of these gauges and great pics @Puddlejumper. I have the gauges in but havent hook them up to a power source because I was lazy and the car is up for the winter,.......where did you tap in for the inverter? The parking lights wire?

Last edited:
@Puddlejumper. I have the gauges in but havent hook them up to a power source because I was lazy and the car is up for the winter,.......where did you tap in for the inverter? The parking lights wire?
I used the orange and orange/white wires in my radio harness. Those are the illumination wires that go to the dimmer switch. I think orange is positive but you will want to turn on your lights and test with a tester. If you accidentally hook up the Moman inverter backwards you could damage it.

looks great, think you sold me on them LOL

I'm only 7 months late. I have the Moman gauges in my car and I am very happy with them. If you want them in MPH you have to contact them, their website and ebay site only have them in KM/H.

The photos don't show what they really look like, the reds are proper red, not orange like the photos seem to show. This is a work in progress, I am buying LEDs to finish converting the various other switches and rings blue to match.

what colour option is this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes its MoMan , like others said before thats good stuff and a good seller.
You can talk to them, they make whatever you want even custom gauge.

Alot of us in europe have these clusters from them.
Very bright and good quality.
I painted the needles with fluorescent colour and mounted 2 UV Led on the cover. That makes a cool effect at night.

If you install a glow gauge, you can wrap the inverter (black box that makes the AC Voltage that the gauge need) in some foam and put it as far away as you can.
Because this AC Voltage has a frequency that you hear when its on.
You dont hear it while driving but when the car is off you hear this buzzing sound.

Pay some attention to the small discs from fuel and water temp, if they are not totally flat , the needle can stuck on them. You will see that after you put all togerher 😄 and then you can do it again to fix it.
If you see that one is not flat and will not stay down, its good to use a very thin double sided tape to hold down.

The last advice that i dont know if i have to tell.. never take the needles of 😂

@Puddlejumper @Phantomdmod I was about to splice these wires, but noticed that my inverter only has 4 connectors, but i also have the connector for the HVAC. Did your inverters come with 5 connectors or how are you doing this?

Ive had this kit sitting around for a few months so Im wondering am I missing a piece that would make this make sense.

Last edited:
I used a cable with more connectors, some kind of splitter cable.
Its a long time ago when i installed it , but i think i buyed this in the shop.
But right now i cant see a cable like this in the shop to buy.

I would buy it somewhere, most have the same connector.
search for splitter cable inverter on ebay.

or maybe this

I used a cable with more connectors, some kind of splitter cable.
Its a long time ago when i installed it , but i think i buyed this in the shop.
But right now i cant see a cable like this in the shop to buy.

I would buy it somewhere, most have the same connector.
search for splitter cable inverter on ebay.

or maybe this
Thanks, I just checked again.. i forgot that i bought another kit for my wifes car and got the inverters mixed up when i put them back in the boxes. The one i just found has a 5th line coming out with 2 other connectors on it.

My HVAC kit came with another inverter and a pigtail with 2 connections on it. I did not use the glow piece that goes behind the recirculating lever (I installed a blue LED in the HVAC controls for that) so I used the pigtail from that kit to plug into one of the 4 of the dash panel plugs. That gave me the ability to run all 5 from one inverter. They harness for the dash has 3 gauges plugged into it, and the pigtail from the HVAC kit into the 4th plug, which gives me 2 more plugs, one for the remaining gauge in the dash and one for the big HVAC overlay. Like I said before I removed the HVAC and replaced the bulb with a blue 74 from Super Bright LEDs to make the recirculating lever blue.

My HVAC kit came with another inverter and a pigtail with 2 connections on it. I did not use the glow piece that goes behind the recirculating lever (I installed a blue LED in the HVAC controls for that) so I used the pigtail from that kit to plug into one of the 4 of the dash panel plugs. That gave me the ability to run all 5 from one inverter. They harness for the dash has 3 gauges plugged into it, and the pigtail from the HVAC kit into the 4th plug, which gives me 2 more plugs, one for the remaining gauge in the dash and one for the big HVAC overlay. Like I said before I removed the HVAC and replaced the bulb with a blue 74 from Super Bright LEDs to make the recirculating lever blue.

I used this place for something else..

Anyway someone could drop a link on where to find these :D
The gauges? Check post #4 near the top, i left links to both the instrument cluster and HVAC overlays in there, but you have to email them and tell them specifically that you want the MPH gauge. Theyll have you put a note in the comment section of the shipping page about it and ask you which one of the styles you want.

Last edited:
evening, just installing my kit now but how did everyone find the speedo accuracy after the installation? Rpm and everything looks exactly like stock but I got the 300km/h and it starts looking off compared to where the stock gauge sits

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back