The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Interior/ is it too much?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honestly i dont like yellow but to each their own color I do like the work it's self though. I want to take out my door panels and paint parts of them not the whole panel that would be too much for my color tone in my car heres a pic

:ohdamn: It looks like my little cousin was given a crown to paint the interior. ROFL. I like stock looks, but you said it best. To each his own.

you always comment poorly on my interior .. i wasnt even looking for your opinion this time . Like I said to each their own . My car has every intention to be a show car not a track or drag car. nor is mine a 420a like yours

to the op maybe tone down the vent covers that are painted and get rid of the seat covers your interior dosent look terrible. also to highlandgst whats with the extra tach your stock one broken? must just be me but i never fully understood the need for a second tach when the stock one works just fine.

actually when i bought the car the guyhad it install I never got around to taking it out really .. ive been to busy with other things .I dont realy mind it cause its just for show really since I dont ever have to use a tach i can shift from sound i dont need to look at my rpms I'm going to end up taking it out and selling it when i get the time

thats the start of a show car interior? hmm maybe im doing something wrong. I should give my 2 trophies back and tell the judges to look for more crayon interiors

Ya i like the two tone interior. I went blue on black with mine.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

drilled a hole through the firewall and ran the wires through so its fixed now

Why did you drill a hole..just look under the carpet on the passenger side theres already a hole in the firewall just run it through there. And its got a rubber insulater so you wont leak water, ever.

its not that bad
trust me if it was too ricey i would tell you. i cant stand ricey stuff
but yours looks pretty good
i do agree with getting real leather though. would be a nice addition

honestly i dont like yellow but to each their own color I do like the work it's self though. I want to take out my door panels and paint parts of them not the whole panel that would be too much for my color tone in my car heres a pic

........:hmm: ......... barf!.....

i drilled the hole cause it was closer and i didn't feel like taking wire underneath the car..........and i put a grommit in the hole to stop the water from getting in it was a B**** getting that wire through.......:aha:

and to MOTOZACHL love the racing wheel was going to put a black one in mine but went against it.......but after seeing it in the car i really want one now!!:thumb:

Looks OK at least it's not to over the top. I have definetely seen worse

looks good id definatly be carefull with the wire thing but i know from experience its hard to Bleed interior i did this to my honda but i decided i like my interior stock just watch out for peeling even with the best of work sometimes weather tears it up

Ok a couple things with this one. It looks like you got two different colors going on here bud, it might just be the picture tho. It honestly wouldnt look that bad if you took the paint off of the kick panels, air bag, gauge cluster, and the vents inside the door. I would look a whole lot better, right now its just to much.:thumb:

you always comment poorly on my interior .. i wasnt even looking for your opinion this time . Like I said to each their own . My car has every intention to be a show car not a track or drag car. nor is mine a 420a like yours

The Term "TO EACH THEIR OWN" should be remembered here. we are not looking for people to start hating on other peoples choice of style or non style. so some people want to paint their interior a two tone color... GREAT its their car. And to the people that like to keep there interior stock... more power to you guys as well. Now with that said since highlandgst stated that he has intentions of having a show car let the masses come and tell us of a full out show car or even a show car in the making that doesn't have a "custom interior"... I dont think there will be many people reporting such a thing. Now for every one that wants to go to the track of course a custome interior is not needed and if your car is built enough to where your trying to shave 1oth's of a second start stipping the interior for "weight reduction" other than that as is said TO EACH THEIR OWN and stop hating on the people that take time to make their interiors or exteriors what they want their car to look like!

The Term "TO EACH THEIR OWN" should be remembered here. we are not looking for people to start hating on other peoples choice of style or non style. so some people want to paint their interior a two tone color... GREAT its their car. And to the people that like to keep there interior stock... more power to you guys as well. Now with that said since highlandgst stated that he has intentions of having a show car let the masses come and tell us of a full out show car or even a show car in the making that doesn't have a "custom interior"... I dont think there will be many people reporting such a thing. Now for every one that wants to go to the track of course a custome interior is not needed and if your car is built enough to where your trying to shave 1oth's of a second start stipping the interior for "weight reduction" other than that as is said TO EACH THEIR OWN and stop hating on the people that take time to make their interiors or exteriors what they want their car to look like!

THANK YOU

Alright, final thoughts on all of this.

To answer the question is interior too much. YES.

Go with door panels, dash, and seats. Everything else rip it out.

Now before you say "rice" and/or "you hate it" keep in mind...
This was only a demo
i am only showing this interior as a response as to the basis of what i am working on for it.
the Overlay was for demonstration purposes only.

Whereas the light blue i am having painted to match the exterior blue.
the Black i am having painted jet black to match the stock black two-tone look

EDIT: the Stock grey dash is going to be painted black and the door panels are going to be black as well with the exception of a little blue to flow with the theme.
(only parts to be painted blue are:
Drivers side- plastic door handle area that meets the dash. NOT the arm rest area. Passenger side- plastic door handle/vent area. Nothing else.)

looks good so far just remember to post up pictures when your done .... and if you dont mind me asking why did you go with the exterior being red accented with blue?

Alright, final thoughts on all of this.

To answer the question is interior too much. YES.

Go with door panels, dash, and seats. Everything else rip it out.

+1 for "ALL OUT RACING" :hellyeah:

though there is a crew out of Anchorage Alaska that goes by that name already and when i say they are all out racing i mean interior fully stripped and taken it to extreme racing with donuts on ROFL

To OP, I think it looks fine, the only way you can really go wrong is going with BRIGHT colors. ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back