The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Interesting Story. READ!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HA! I found this thread!

Yeah, Lofty didn't hug me, but I thought he was going to shit himself! I never had a guy get so exited to see me! That was a heck of a random DSM Meet at the Kwik Trip, and it was nice to finally meet you Lofty! I don't think I ever met the older gentleman DSM'er before that day; did he tell you where he was from?

Even better....I was driving my Subaru when I bumped into these guys!

As for Kenny, Jon, and Matt, I really had a great time showing you guys as much information as I could in the short time you all were around for. Funny, it didn't feel like 11 hours......!

These guys are really great and are totally down to Earth, and were very respectful. Excellent people to have in the DSM community, and it was an honor to have them over and talk all day. I know that Matt (Mr Peepers) learned enough about transmissions to feel more comfortable doing them on his own and learning some of the tricks as well as the little nitty gritty over-looked details that help shifting and engagement during a rebuild. He was SHOCKED when we took his fully detailed but reused 3/4 hub and slider assembly with new springs, synchros, and detailed gears and could shift it really nice but with a slight notch going into 4th. Then we tossed in fresh keys (the old ones looked really good with a slight polish on their surface from low wear) and it shifted like butter everytime. He never thought that a simple set of hub and slider keys would make such a substantial shifting difference!

As for Kenny, he was a very nice dude to talk to all day, and really has a kick-ass car that will run some very serious times with a Borg S366 setup. I look forward to seeing some 9's out of it!

And Jon, well, you have been such an incredible help in our personal businesses with the web design that my wife and I can't thank you enough for your patience, knowledge, and dedication to helping others.

It has been an honor to meet and hang out with all of you, wrench on car stuff, have pizza, do web stuff, and more car stuff for the whole day!

This is the type of thing that should happen more regularly in the DSM community (small group get-togethers to wrench on something, or rebuild something, etc) as everyone gets something out of it.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

great post. Old man was right, the kids that get involved in this are basically killing of the dsms.

Turns out the older gentleman lives in my neighborhood.....

So.. yeah.. Lol.

It was nice to meet you again. HOpefully when I stop being poor you can build my tranny for me!

LOL

This is a great story, Lofty. It's a really cool, random, thing that happened for you. I remember being at MOD this year, and seeing the immortal STEVE. I recognized him from his avatar. I didn't talk to him, as I didn't have anything to say, and I didn't have much time. But still, it is cool when a world that you only know vicariously/electronically comes to life in the flesh-and-blood for you.

Honestly though, how baked were you, or how extraordinarily dank was that stuff, for this to have happened to you?

great post. Old man was right, the kids that get involved in this are basically killing of the dsms.

How can you say this? I think the "kids" are keeping it alive. Who drives dsm's when the older generations are sick of working on them? Of course there are the ricers etc that do give us a bad rep. but before you bash "kids" think about it and dont stereotype people:nono:. Im 18 am I a kid to you? Do you think I am killing dsm's? Because I've done exactly the opposite, Ive resurrected one. And the kids dont cause price change etc. its the market and all the companies, the market place for modding cars grew tremendously and you blame the "kids" becuase more companies sprang up, creating competition and lower prices? Its a free market, basic economics. End of story

Back on topic, I met some people while at work that have turbo cars and do local stuff and exchanged numbers, but nobody that big. I wish I had though thats awesome.:rocks:

Old thread but don't care; Tim is well worth another mention.

Seriously one of the best days I've had spending the day at Tim's and learning about transmissions and everything else that was brought up. Can't thank him enough for everything I learned that day and couldn't stop bringing up how great of a guy he was the whole ride back with /J and Kenny. I felt like a newb asking him so many questions.

Even the chance to help him get his car ready for Import Wars the night before and realizing me and the locals here aren't the only ones that act a little loopy after a long night working on the car ROFL

Glad I could randomly run into you a few times too, Lofty :thumb:

:D

heh heh heh.....Thanks Matt!

I am grateful to have some die-hard DSM'ers like you, /J and Kenny around me as they are a dying breed to find nowadays.

Update: I've had my car running for a good month now. The transmission is GREAT. It's weird to drive a nice shifting DSM.

Thanks everyone!

Matt, you stalk shit SHIT out of me dude, don't even lie.

That's effin' cool Lofty. Few guys around me that others would know would be Kevin (95GSXracer) and Leon (GRNDSM). A few others, but most of y'all know Kevin's 1G by sight. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back