The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

intercooler

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbonowill

Probationary Member
Jan 9, 2003
w.spfld_MA
when u buy a bigger new frount monting intercooler can you pipe it to the new one and then to the old one and then from there to the intake manifold? wil this be a benifit? and can it be done?

it wouldnt be good. the stock wouldnt do anything. If you are talking about running piping form the front mount, then into the stock, then to the intake manifold, that would hurt performance because you would be taking all that cooled air from the Front mount and pushing it through the tiny stock IC which would lessen flow. hope that helps

They are completely different "PARTS". But do pretty much the same thing in the same way. An intercooler cools the intake charge from the turbo.

A rad does this same thing, but for coolent. Both use air from outside to cool. And in the same way also. There are small tube's going from one end of the intercooler or rad, and fins inbetween the tubes. The coolent or air travel from one end to the other end through these tube's.

The coolent or air disapait's heat to the fins. The fins are cooled buy the incoming air across them. Sorry for the poor spelling

wouldn't it work if you install a fmic with the stock one in and weld the fmic tubing the the upper ic and lower ic pipes. Meaning both the intercoolers would be bringing the air through the upper and lower ic pipes at the same time. I think it would work if you get aftermarket upper and lower ic pipes.

I was thinking of trying this, but I haven't had the time or $ to try it.

Originally posted by 92tsiawd84
wouldn't it work if you install a fmic with the stock one in and weld the fmic tubing the the upper ic and lower ic pipes. Meaning both the intercoolers would be bringing the air through the upper and lower ic pipes at the same time. I think it would work if you get aftermarket upper and lower ic pipes.

I was thinking of trying this, but I haven't had the time or $ to try it.

:confused: WTF? :confused:

Yes it would work. Just not very well. A front mount intercooler will cool the air more then enough. That's if you get a code core, like the spearco's. the front mount will out flow the side mount big time. so all your going to be doing is making your Ve crappy.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back