The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Intercooler too big

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathansgsx

Proven Member
Jun 7, 2017
Meridian, Idaho
Hey guys it’s been awhile since I posted on here. I’ve had a hell of a time learning about dsms and fixing mine up. Anyways back when I first got my car I got in a front end wreck and had to replace everything. When I ordered my fmic I ordered a cheap one off amazon that works pretty well, welding job seems to be legit and works just as well as my punishment did and I’ve been running it for awhile with no issues. But the problem is it pushes down on the bottom of the bumper so its deformed down there. My only question is will this permenently deform it? I’m going to order a new one here soon that should be smaller but will my bumper go back to the way it was? If anyone has experience with this please let me know

heres a photo

Attachments

• 4DAF6A1E-6D70-48D9-9C1F-27A347754480.jpeg
    4DAF6A1E-6D70-48D9-9C1F-27A347754480.jpeg
    575.9 KB · Views: 143
If its plastic or urethane then I would use a heat gun at a long distance AFTER it has settled back to what ever form it does. You need it just warm enuf to mold it and HOLD IT while it cools down.

You could try reinstalling the lower bumper support (#18 in the diagram below):

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Like Nate says, the lower bumper support seen in position #18 along with the plastic push pins seen in position #19 would be all you need to get that to stay up when you go back to a smaller intercooler.

If its plastic or urethane then I would use a heat gun at a long distance AFTER it has settled back to what ever form it does. You need it just warm enuf to mold it and HOLD IT while it cools down.

You could try reinstalling the lower bumper support (#18 in the diagram below):

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Like Nate says, the lower bumper support seen in position #18 along with the plastic push pins seen in position #19 would be all you need to get that to stay up when you go back to a smaller intercooler.

Okay thank you guys, I just looked into it and found that support for sale from another dsmer on eBay, i’ll be sure to pick it up and bolt it up. it sounds like it should work, i noticed the holes in the bumper there the other day and figured something bolted up to it stock. Thank you all for the help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back