The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Intercooler piping

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmarcy

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 1, 2011
River Grove, Illinois
I am not sure if this goes in the bolt on section so if it has to be moved by an admin i am sorry. I have a 1ga talon and i bought a punishment racing side mount piping kit for my car last week. To start off they sent me the wrong tracking number. The tracking number they sent me for my package went to somewhere else about a half hour away, so when i called they said their was a mix up in the tracking numbers. When i went to install the piping kit the uicp and licp are both extremely off. The throttle elbow is perfect and the uicp connects into the side mount but when its connected it sits about 3" off. The uicp is way off. Their is no way that i could get either of them to work. Has anyone ever ordered this kit from punishment before and had an issue with them? or could it be that they sent me a 2g kit on accident. any input is appreciated. thanks

They could have sent you a 2g kit..Or they may have sent an ABS or non ABS kit..

I have to say I'm suprized, But I thought they had an option to select abs or non abs.If so you may have just selected the wrong kit.They should take it back either way and send you the right one.

On my 2g, the uicp and tb elbow fit great but they sent me the wrong licp (1g). Tried emailing them and they just stopped responding...LOL whatever, i think the stock licp is larger in diameter anyway. Took forever to ship too...

They could have sent you a 2g kit..Or they may have sent an ABS or non ABS kit..

I have to say I'm suprized, But I thought they had an option to select abs or non abs.If so you may have just selected the wrong kit.They should take it back either way and send you the right one.

I think that i received a 2g kit. they dont have an option on the website, but i do not have abs and i do not have cruise control anymore. I sure hope they take it back and send me the right kit.

On my 2g, the uicp and tb elbow fit great but they sent me the wrong licp (1g). Tried emailing them and they just stopped responding...LOL whatever, i think the stock licp is larger in diameter anyway. Took forever to ship too...

Yeah the licp has the right coupler for the jpipe but it sits 3 inches closer to the motor compared to where it should connect. I agree it took a while to ship out.

This is what the fitment issue was with the kit.

Attachments

• IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 66
Well I hope you keep this updated. I've been thinking of buying that kit for my 92. Be nice to hear how they fix this.

All the searches I've gone through people are always saying "go FMIC". Well I'm happy with side mount for my goals. And don't want to draw unwanted attention. Hate being worried of car being stolen or vandalized because it looks expensive.

Did you try flipping the pipes as they look in the pics 180*? The pipes look like they are backwards to me. I just looked at the pics of both kits, and I'm pretty sure you have the right kit. Also could you post more pics of the piping?

Well I hope you keep this updated. I've been thinking of buying that kit for my 92. Be nice to hear how they fix this.

All the searches I've gone through people are always saying "go FMIC". Well I'm happy with side mount for my goals. And don't want to draw unwanted attention. Hate being worried of car being stolen or vandalized because it looks expensive.

Yeah same here. This car is my dd so my goals aren't too extravagant and the side moun
t kit was cheaper route to go. I willl update tomorrow since they are closed on Sundays.

Just to confirm all the questions. About this post. The kit was the correct kit. I had the uicp flipped. The licp I had the couplers on the wrong side. The longer coupler is for the smic and I had it going to jpipe. This was my error. So yes the kit is the correct kit for a 1g.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back