The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Intercooler piping

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoolin99

Probationary Member
Jun 12, 2002
DavieFl
Hey guys i just got a griffin fmic it's got the end tanks on each side and was wondering if thiers a site/or if anyone knows what kind of bends i will need to make short route piping. My neighbor i a welder and is din it for free! aslo i have a 98 gst whats the easiest way to get to the screws under the healights when remving the bumper.Thanks,Shawn

There is no easy way, removing a 2G bumper is a total whore. Every time I have to do it I just start taking crap off until it just starts to hang there. It's not a fun ob at all. Good choice on the griffin tho, a friend of mine here does custom intercoolers and he used to use griffin cores but now uses Spearco due to the drastic price increases from griffin.

You don't have to take those bolts out unless you are removing the headlights. To take the bumper off take out all the bolts that hold it on. The only thing left holding it on should then be the plastic screws under the head lights. Break those with a screw driver. They don't don't do anything. I put mine back on with out them and it's fine. I think that's all you have to do( it's been a while since I took the bumper off the first time.)

Ok thanks alot,ya those to under the headlights where gettin me mad becuase i didnt want to remove the lights for a screw.

no sugarcoat - it is a #@%#@%#@%#@%ing #@%#@%#@%#@%#@%.

i take it on and off frequently, and it holds quite well with 7 bolts. (5 on the top, two by the sidemarkers)

sags a little, but #@%#@%#@%#@%it. if you have to break some, dont fret it.

Originally posted by Spoolin99
My neighbor i a welder and is din it for free!
Hey Shawn, I'm in Davie too. I'd love to see it when you're done. Or even before, to get a good look at that Griffin core to see how it would fit in the grill opening, since I also have a 98 GS-T.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back