The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Intercooler Piping

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james13

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2003
Lebanon/Springfield, Missouri
Does anyone have both upper and lower intercooler piping?

any gains from it?

i have it but i seem to be getting a whistle when boosting :thumbdown and the last time it whistled the piping popped off and i was stranded untill i got the piping back on.

Any tips on making sure the install is correct would be helpful also

-james

You might see gains on the UICP, but I don't know if you'd feel it right away on stock boost/turbo.

The turbo spooling makes a sound, which is muffled by the stock airbox/intake pipe. If you mean 'whistling' as in a boost leak from the intercooler pipes, then that would be bad. Leaks/Popping off would be solved by a tightening the connections (band clamps)

I had the same problem when i first got mine. my lower ic pipe came off of the turbo while i was driving (car shut off not cool). make sure the rubber end pieces are on the right spots and the right way and make the clamps pretty tight.

I have very noticable gains with the dave brode UICP.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back